Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Now, now Adam, calm down. No one, especially not me, is trying to get 'a rise out of you' Why would we do that? We have no need for that. Interesting that you say an 'incorrect assesment' of you, yet do exactly as I described earlier - trying to deflect from yourself to get back to 'the discussion' that will put you back into the 'captains seat' and cause controversy surrounding you.

As I said in another post - patchy and deflective. You dont like what it means for you when people 'have your number'
I refute it, plus as I think we have all seen I care very little what people think of me!

Adam
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Are you saying that you hid the fact that you were seriously into e-collars because it would not be a popular opinion amongst people who are into clicker training?

Doesn't stop you here though, even though the majority are completely disgusted by the abuse you inflict on dogs.
Not hide, simply didn't overdo it. In the same way as I wouldn't talk extensively about the fact I feed my dogs dry food on a forum that supports raw.

Adam
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Is it Panto season already?

All together now...

Oh yes you do!

Electric shocks are painful. You use electric shocks on dogs. You cause dogs pain.
No they are not. At a low level they are a mild tingle or slight tickling sensation, I believe in a recent thread a dog trainer who wasn't into e collars discussed how she had experienced several different stim's from collars and not found them painful.

You might as say that you use food to train, requiring the dog to be motivated by it so use food deprivation to train!

Adam
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post
I refute it, plus as I think we have all seen I care very little what people think of me!

Adam

pmsl
You refute it on what basis?
You prove everytime on here you care a lot about what people think of you, more infact than you do dogs.
What you care little of is the dogs involved in your 'training' not peoples opinion of you.

But I see you have your latest recruit answering backing you now, since all that PM'ing from the last thread........
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Nothing special about them - nothing special at all. They are the same as those who yanked on choke chains hard so that they could parade up and down showing what appeared to novice owners a calm and more managable dog. In actual fact, the dogs were scared to put a foot wrong in case the pain came again. Obvious to see if you know what you are looking at, but many don't.

When another problem appears, or the same problem reappears or doesn't stop, the owner is 'doing it wrong', 'not following instructions' etc. In fact, Denis used that excuse (the owner wasn't following very demanding instructions) as the excuse for why he wouldn't take on a guy he went to see as a client. Why didn't the owner follow instructions (which were to take to dog to a specific place the next day)? He was ill. Now those with a suspicious mind might just think that this was an excuse because he knew that the dog wouldn't respond to the training, but, of course, that's only those who might have a suspicious mind
Or that he is/was a none proffesional trainer who didn't need the hassle of someone not doing it.

As a proffessional I'm used to working round people but I imagine if your not they are pretty annoying.

Adam
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 05:29 PM
No they are not. At a low level they are a mild tingle or slight tickling sensation, I believe in a recent thread a dog trainer who wasn't into e collars discussed how she had experienced several different stim's from collars and not found them painful.

You might as say that you use food to train, requiring the dog to be motivated by it so use food deprivation to train!

Adam
yet again, you show just how little you know......you do not need to deprive a dog of food for them to be motivated by it. (you are after all feeding the food to them!!)

If thats the case regarding ELECTRIC SHOCK STIMULATIONS, why dont you take peoples offer up and let a dogsey member or two 'stim' you and film it for us all?
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-01-2011, 05:29 PM
pmsl
You refute it on what basis?
You prove everytime on here you care a lot about what people think of you, more infact than you do dogs.
What you care little of is the dogs involved in your 'training' not peoples opinion of you

But I see you have your latest recruit answering backing you now, since all that PM'ing from the last thread........

Well I really don't care enough to continue this debate with you, about my personality lol. But feel free to keep writing, keeps you busy.

What pming and what other thread?

Adam
spot
Dogsey Veteran

20-01-2011, 05:30 PM
Since then I have decied that e collars are really the best thing for dog training and that using them extensivley is the way to go, so I do.

I have also find that the GP is very excepting of their use. Make of that what you will.

Adam
Adam I have gone back over the pages and pages but cant find the answer to the question

How would you train dogs if this method was not available to you?

ie shock collars banned?
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-01-2011, 05:31 PM
yet again, you show just how little you know......you do not need to deprive a dog of food for them to be motivated by it. (you are after all feeding the food to them!!)

If thats the case regarding ELECTRIC SHOCK STIMULATIONS, why dont you take peoples offer up and let a dogsey member or two 'stim' you and film it for us all?
You will only feed them when they do the desired behaviour, you will deprive them of food during the rest of the session.

Adam
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Or that he is/was a none proffesional trainer who didn't need the hassle of someone not doing it.

As a proffessional I'm used to working round people but I imagine if your not they are pretty annoying.

Adam
Yet again giving yourself the importance...like I said earlier....

lol you do not need to be a professional to train a dog - you need timing. Also, if you are a professional you will realise that means you have failed. Since its the 'professionals' job to teach the owner, not the dog. Teach the owner and they can train their dog and get results but then someone like you cannot do that as it means they wont be running to you like your the little miracle man......but I believe I covered that already.
Closed Thread
Page 65 of 206 « First < 15 55 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 75 115 165 > Last »