Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
Oh Lynn, I haven't been o for a few days, what a roller coaster ride you are on.
Sometimes when things go on for so long they seem worse as we get worn out and see only the negatives, and the quality question is always in the backs of our minds.
Not really a helpful answer, but, you will know when the time is right and when enough is enough.
Try to take each step as it comes and not try to foresee the future, if the tests are rerun and depending on that, then maybe go from there.
Do you know if it takes a while for this medication to stablise them? Or is it suppose to be a fast action drug that should work from the beginning and not need to build up in their system (sorry if you have already said this but I can't remember, except for the one you couldn't get your hands on)?
Massive hugs to you and Ollie what a time you are having, you are doing so well and being so strong for your boy xxxx
The drugs that Nadia couldn't get hold of would of let us know instantly if they would help or not. They do not stay in the system either so if they do not work they are flushed out very quickly and leave no side effects. The ones that she is thinking of trying will take time to get the dosage right and it is a bit of a roller coaster with them because if they do not work they can have potential nasty side effects and he would need steroids too which will cause muscle wastage which it seems is the problem by the way his head is presenting. Need to chat to Nadia about them and take it from there I think.

Thank you for the lovely reply.

Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Such a lovely post!

Really hoping things take a good turn for you and Ollie Lynn.
Thank you.
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
So sorry he seems to have taken a step backwards again, my heart goes out to you all because you are trying so hard with him, and Ollie is also being a little star and wanting to get out to his field and garden, it makes decisions even harder when there is life in him and yet his body is letting him down.

I hope that Nadia will come up with some meds that will help him have the quality of life you want for the dear boy, I know just how much you all love him and that you only want what is best for him.

I've got everything crossed again here xxx
Thanks Sheree. We are going against everything we both said if his legs ever let him down. Still we have too try.

He did get up about 1/2 hour ago to see where Michael and I were he was down the hall at the computer and I was in the downstairs loo loading the tumble drier. He can stand but it is difficult for him too walk.

Thanks again for listening to me whittering on.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Aw Lynn, sorry to hear that things are not so good today. It nmust be heartbreaking for you. I think at times like this the best advice I have for you is to be guided by the veterinary staff. You don't want to see your boy suffer and that is commendable but if you ask Nadia to be honest with you she will be as remember she wants what is best for Ollie too.

You have to trust her expertise into how much Ollie is suffering. You are emotionally involved so you will see the suffering at its worst level as you want to take it all away from Ollie.

The video footage is an excellent idea and maybe the more you can take of that the better as it will give Nadia a better idea.

Its a horrible horrible time for you and Gordon but no matter what Lynn please remember that Ollie knows love kindness and loyalty from you Gordon and your family. These are very special gifts you have given to him.

Stay Strong Lynn as it is often darkest just before the dawn.

And although diffrent conditions I saw Ben getting worse some days (gee i was on the phone to the vet hospital in tears) and I was advised each time to see what Tomorrow brought. I was so worried he would be suffering and then it could all happen again...it still could but I am so so SO glad that we waited for the tomorrow as any improvement is good - what I mean is it doesn't just have to be a mobility improvement at this stage in the game, although I do know what you mean about muscle wastage etc - Maybe ask Nadia about manipulations you and Gordon can do to keep muscle wastage minimal - I know with Ben we had manipulation we had to do which forced the muscles to keep moving even though Ben wasn't controlling them or even aware of them.

Sending you all hugs
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Aw Lynn, sorry to hear that things are not so good today. It nmust be heartbreaking for you. I think at times like this the best advice I have for you is to be guided by the veterinary staff. You don't want to see your boy suffer and that is commendable but if you ask Nadia to be honest with you she will be as remember she wants what is best for Ollie too.

You have to trust her expertise into how much Ollie is suffering. You are emotionally involved so you will see the suffering at its worst level as you want to take it all away from Ollie.

The video footage is an excellent idea and maybe the more you can take of that the better as it will give Nadia a better idea.

Its a horrible horrible time for you and Gordon but no matter what Lynn please remember that Ollie knows love kindness and loyalty from you Gordon and your family. These are very special gifts you have given to him.

Stay Strong Lynn as it is often darkest just before the dawn.

And although diffrent conditions I saw Ben getting worse some days (gee i was on the phone to the vet hospital in tears) and I was advised each time to see what Tomorrow brought. I was so worried he would be suffering and then it could all happen again...it still could but I am so so SO glad that we waited for the tomorrow as any improvement is good - what I mean is it doesn't just have to be a mobility improvement at this stage in the game, although I do know what you mean about muscle wastage etc - Maybe ask Nadia about manipulations you and Gordon can do to keep muscle wastage minimal - I know with Ben we had manipulation we had to do which forced the muscles to keep moving even though Ben wasn't controlling them or even aware of them.

Sending you all hugs
Thank you. I feel sometimes Nadia is becoming a bit emotionally involved too now she has fallen for him big time. I hear what you are saying and will try my hardest to take it day by day. I think that the other thing that worries me is what if he recovers or recovers enough to lead a sedate but reasonable life little strolls round the block etc., then it comes back I know emotionally I couldn't get through this again.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Just wanted to let you know that you, Gorden and Ollie are in my thoughts daily, Lynn.

Sending you all big *but gentle* hugs

x0x0x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Just wanted to let you know that you, Gorden and Ollie are in my thoughts daily, Lynn.

Sending you all big *but gentle* hugs

x0x0x
Thank you Vicki.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Just reiterating what Vicki said Lynn. You're always in my thoughts xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Just reiterating what Vicki said Lynn. You're always in my thoughts xx
Thank you Jackie.
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 04:16 PM
still praying! Looking out for updates regularly!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
still praying! Looking out for updates regularly!
Thank you.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2010, 04:43 PM
I am so sorry that he seems to have gone backwards these last few days. I have been there and know how you are feeling - from the decisions we make early on to the ones where we move the goal post every so slightly to the complete removal of it altogether...........awful awful times.
I am thinking of you all and hoping for the best. I think to be honest this is far more painful for you than maybe it is for him - but I would rather have it that way round no matter what the cost. Sending you love. x
Page 63 of 123 « First < 13 53 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 73 113 > Last »