Our sister sites
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Yup but the worrying thing is these bits are the bits he chose for us to see
the bits he is proudest of as they show his methods the best
bet he does not do it the editor would do that and they would do what they think is good viewing
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by colliemad View Post
I have been around dogs my whole life, have had my own for 25 years, have rescued a fair few (unfortunately). I have never seen one force another to roll over, not once in all that time...... I also don't have any set order for exercise etc.
I too have been around dogs all my life, owned my own for around 40 years, currently have 5 sometimes 6. Some have been from pups some rescues.
Syd my male Dobermann aged 3 is the most balanced dog I have ever met, he is extremely tolerant of others but he rolls other dogs if they give him too much grief, if they should try to push things too far they will find themselves on their back. It's fast it's brief and unmistakable. There is no malice, no agression but they know exactly what his point is and they take heed.
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by colliemad View Post
then you would never train your dogs to do anything, not even the most basic commands or teach them manners as none of it is natural to a dog
totally agree but what ever way you look at it we are still getting a dog to do something it would not do and cm does the same and has saved many dogs doing it
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by bullyboy View Post
have never seen an unhappy dog doing agility they love it
but if you need to use a treat to get a dog to do something then maybe left to its own it may decide not to do it so you could say a dog is being made to do something it does not want to do, no doubt when they have tried to do it they then love it
hmmm no I dont think so
in most cases the treat comes after the behaivior as a reward for doing something good. sometimes it can be a lure to point the way
but most well bonded dogs WANT to do the thing that makes their person happy - so the treat or the lure is only showing them the thing that the person wants. and as the dog trusts the owner at agility it only want to know what the person wants it to do - so it can get another go
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Ben often forgets to eat the treat, or chokes on it he tries to swallow it down too quick, he follows his ball over the jump but he dosent run to it - he looks to me to see what is next
to him agility is far far more important than treats or balls
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-04-2008, 06:08 PM
in most cases not all then
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:09 PM
have never seen an unhappy dog doing agility they love it
but if you need to use a treat to get a dog to do something then maybe left to its own it may decide not to do it so you could say a dog is being made to do something it does not want to do, no doubt when they have tried to do it they then love it

Noooo, a treat is a positive encouragement to let the dog know there is a reward for something if they are prepared to give it a go, after which they get the reward not only of the treat or toy but of learning to do something they can enjoy for its own sake
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Arrghhh this is a pain
You try and post something then you find out that 20 people have already answered it 20 times better than you!!!

WHat a hot thread

Thats my 100th post and I think most of them have been on here and I was trying not to post on here after the 1st lot
I keep getting sucked in !!!!
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Arrghhh this is a pain
You try and post something then you find out that 20 people have already answered it 20 times better than you!!!

WHat a hot thread

Thats my 100th post and I think most of them have been on here and I was trying not to post on here after the 1st lot
crap ain't it?
bullyboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Arrghhh this is a pain

WHat a hot thread

or in the time it takes you you have missed about 3or4 more
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2008, 06:14 PM
or in the time it takes you you have missed about 3or4 more
yep so I am going to post this again!!!! Check out post number 589 on this thread, I really thought someone would have commented by now, especially the pro cm'ers?
Page 62 of 102 « First < 12 52 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 72 > Last »