View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2008, 08:40 AM
YOU seem to have taken a great deal of time and trouble to dig up what you hope is dirt on me.

I find this 1) extremely creepy, 2) extremely paranoic and 3) very sad that you have nothing better to do with your time.

I lost my beloved Hal on 13th November, the wounds are still very raw. Whoever said time heals wounds is talking through their rear ends quite frankly. If you continue to say horrible things about my Hal, in public, I will have to take matters further. PM me by all means, but I cannot have my darling Hal's name dragged through the mire by you, Patch, just because I have argued with what you consider to be The Holy Grail of Canine Matters. You are besmirching my dog's good name, and I cannot have that

If I express an opinion about something which is in conflict with your own, you jump on me like a cat on a mouse. I'm no mouse !! I don't mind, it is your right to do so, but I find it extremely boring that just because it is ME who has said something, you go off on one !

I am entitled, you know, to consider castration for the sake of it, to be wrong. I am entitled to think that Cesar Millan is brilliant and I am entitled to take exception at the attitude of a rescue centre in trying to force me to sign a contract to say which form of training method I will use. I don't like being told what to do : to be advised, yes, that's fine, I will listen (and despite what you say, if that advice makes sense to me, I will take it), but to be TOLD that unless I contractually agree to do such and such, then no, if I disagree with that such and such, then I would be a huge hypocrite to accept it.

My advice is to try and chill and let other people express their opinions, however wrong you think them to be. Argue back, of course, that is what a good debate is all about, but don't jump on someone from a great height every time they express THEIR opinion when it conflicts with your own.

There, I've said my piece, I won't say any more on the subject. :smt008

Did anyone watch CM last night, with poor Rocco the husky cross who eventually died from a rattlesnake bite, or rather from the complications that followed?

I would say that by using the e collar on Daddy, Cesar demonstrated the one of very few ways in which an e collar can be used. The effect it had on making Daddy avoid that rattler in the cage after just one or two buzzes was amazing. IMO in this extreme case of life and death, the e collar had its place and was very effective because it worked immediately.

What's everyone's view?
colliemad
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Did anyone watch CM last night, with poor Rocco the husky cross who eventually died from a rattlesnake bite, or rather from the complications that followed?

I would say that by using the e collar on Daddy, Cesar demonstrated the one of very few ways in which an e collar can be used. The effect it had on making Daddy avoid that rattler in the cage after just one or two buzzes was amazing. IMO in this extreme case of life and death, the e collar had its place and was very effective because it worked immediately.

What's everyone's view?
I saw that and to be honest I am not entirely sure whether the dog was avoiding the whole combination of the snake in a cage or whether it was the snake he associated with being shocked? Snakes in the wild don't live in cages and pit bulls are not stupid It was obviously not possible to have the snake loose and test whether it worked......

this is a different guy and he mentions muzzling the snakes?

http://www.patrickcallaghan.com/

One thing that I did notice is that daddy appears to be entire? Just looking on his website he mentions a dog called pepito which is daddy's son. I thought he was pro-neuter or is that only for everyone else? Do as I say don't do as I do?
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Hi: colliemad, yes, the thought about the snake in the cage occurred to me too, but many of the dogs, including Daddy, did peer very attentively through the bars as it were to the hissing snake inside. Pitbulls, as you say, are intelligent, and after a discussion with OH, we both came to the conclusion that Daddy was avoiding the snake, rather than the snake-and-the-cage. As you say, it was far too dangerous to do the exercise with a free snake!

I too have wondered about Daddy's (rather impressive) tackle, and apparently Daddy doesn't belong to Cesar, he belongs to a wrestler who travels a lot and Cesar looks after him ... something like this. There is a posting on this thread way back when about it, or at least on this site. I had commented on the fact that Daddy was entire, and a Dogsey member provided me with the answer. Apols. to that member if I have got the story slightly wrong.

Daddy is my favourite member of Cesar's pack. He looks so NASTY and yet is the sweetest chap, and such a character. My parents, unbeknown to them when they purchased him as a pup, had a staffie who's grandfather was a pitbull, and he was just like Daddy in character and looks, except that he was brindle. He was the sweetest dog ... except with cats, but that's another story !
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-02-2008, 10:33 AM
the e collar had its place and was very effective because it worked immediately.

What's everyone's view?
Can we stay on topic please and not turn this thread into another debate about e collars.

Thank you
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Apologies, but the latest postings on this thread ... entitled "Cesar Milan (the dog whisperer) ur views" ... are about his use of an e collar on his pitbull to put him off going anywhere near rattlesnakes.

I would have thought this was very much on topic, but apologies if you think we are going off track, it wasn't intended.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi everyone! I haven't been on the forum for some time, but thought I would pop in today.
I have watched Cesar Milan on tv a couple of times. He does have some annoying traits and like you have said some of his advice is just common sense e.g. 'walk the dog'. But has anyone else noticed his sideways backward kick on the dog! I was appalled and have seen him do this a few times. Is kicking really necessary?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2008, 12:02 PM
You mean when he touches the side of the dog? and compares it to a snap from another Dog/Wolf? Thats not kicking, kicking is using the font of your foot and with force hitting into something, I dont think he kicks anything!
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
You mean when he touches the side of the dog? and compares it to a snap from another Dog/Wolf? Thats not kicking, kicking is using the font of your foot and with force hitting into something, I dont think he kicks anything!
Is that what he is doing? I didn't realise! I thought he was giving the dog a sly kick! Just goes to show how easy it is to get the wrong impression. Thanks for that Borderdawn.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/defi...3561&dict=CALD

The definition of kick.. :smt002
I think it is fair to say he kicks the dogs. :smt002
Is this a good method to teach owners who aren't great with their dogs in the first place and probably get frustrated by the dog's behaviour? ...I think not, as the 'kick' will be harder according to the frustration felt. :smt002

Just another little tuppence worth from me!!!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/defi...3561&dict=CALD

The definition of kick.. :smt002
I think it is fair to say he kicks the dogs. :smt002
Is this a good method to teach owners who aren't great with their dogs in the first place and probably get frustrated by the dog's behaviour? ...I think not, as the 'kick' will be harder according to the frustration felt. :smt002

Just another little tuppence worth from me!!!!
to hit someone or something with the foot, or to move the feet and legs suddenly and violently:
He dont do that Ailsa!!
Closed Thread
Page 61 of 70 « First < 11 51 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 > Last »