Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Just because the teachers are on strike for more pay does not mean they would not support other people for higher pay claims......

It seems that because they strike it is assumed "they feel superior" to other workers.shouldn't people work together to improve the public sector. There is a shortage of teachers in many areas due to heavy workload and low pay compared to other graduate career paths. If we want to attract good quality teachers we have to keep the pay level commensurate with those other jobs.Our education system is on the whole a great system, we need to protect it and not moan when teachers ask for our support.
Excellent post!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
sorry i dont agree with them strikingthey get paid alot more than our armed forces! and it works both ways i have two kids special needs one is hated by the teachers cos they dont understand his condition they other is also not liked by the teachers but has a great relationship with the deputy head who will go out of his way to stop the bullying the other teachers tell him to go away and get on with it!!! the younger childs teachers are not on strike but again they are very young and have just come from doing theyre degree. im sorry but id agree if it was firemen and nurses.
Why would you support the firemen and nurses and not the people responsible for teaching your children? Quality of pay attracts quality of teacher. Maybe if you had a better experience with your childrens teachers your view would be different?
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2008, 10:37 AM
my MIL was a teacher/deputy head and the abuse and threats she had was appaling and this was from 5-11yr olds!!
she retired early through stress.

parents should support their teachers through this. they deserve your support.

if every parent was given a copy of The National Cirruculem most would be horrified by the size and content, and this is what teachers have to adhere to. its the size of war and peace!

if working parents have to pay for extra childcare then think of it as helping to support our teachers in reaching the standards of working conditions and saftey they deserve. its not just about money but self worth and moral.
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by angied View Post
im sorry but id agree if it was firemen
Sorry to go off topic, but.......

I would NEVER support the strike action of fire fighters unless it was for life or death reasons. Hundreds of people apply for every vacancy knowing exactly what the job entails. The last fire fighter strike made me very angry.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6