Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
It may not be a fashion show but IMO it is totally disrespectful not to be at least neat and tidy for the judge.
A good judge wouldn't be bothered and probalby wouldn't even notice what the handlers were wearing (IMO).
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by pod View Post
No not at all. The dogs in for groups and BIS may be winning their very first BOB as they could at any Champ show. It's a regular occurrence in the groups.
The final 7 in the BIS ring were all multi cc winners....thats what I was refering to
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:18 PM
The final 7 in the BIS ring were all multi cc winners....thats what I was refering to
So BIS should have a different criteria to the groups?
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:19 PM
A good judge wouldn't be bothered and probalby wouldn't even notice what the handlers were wearing (IMO).
Its not about the judge taking notice of the handler....its about being respectful and representing your breed.We don't over dress but we do make an effort to be tidy
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:22 PM
So BIS should have a different criteria to the groups?

Not at all... Iwas refering to the performance of the BIS dogs being not 'all that' in some cases.These 7 dogs were all experienced show dog.The groups would have contained inexperienced dogs and for them it would have been a learning experience with the handler expecting the dog may be overawed by the occasion.The 7 group winners proved they coped with the big ring....so that is not an excuse for a poor performance
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Its not about the judge taking notice of the handler....its about being respectful and representing your breed.We don't over dress but we do make an effort to be tidy
I think the dogs did an excellent job of representing their breed... And I don't see whats disrespectful about someone choosing to dress comfortably
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:29 PM
That is your opinion...we are all entitled to our own.
I wonder pod and Ian...do you or have you shown to champ level?
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Haven't shown at any level... whats that got to do with it... Doesn't change my opinion.. It's a dog show.. don't care what people choose to wear.... It's all about the dogs... or should be
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:35 PM
yep...... ....
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Haven't shown at any level... whats that got to do with it... Doesn't change my opinion.. It's a dog show.. don't care what people choose to wear.... It's all about the dogs... or should be
I asked because part of showing a dog correctly is about showing your dog to the best advantage...and this means you should compliment your dog.(as in appearence)It takes very little to put on a tidy pair of trousers and a clean ironed shirt IMO esp when representing your breed at the biggest dog show in the world.
Dog showing MAY be just about the dog...but its about the WHOLE packege.A good example of the breed,shown in good hard condition,that has been properly groomed and a good handler who completes the picture getting the best from their dog...THATS what showing is about at this level!
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >