View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Look out Helen, I'm sure it will get worse.
Lucky you having snow
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 01:51 PM
it is bad here in North Wales

we have lost our side gate to the wind,another roof on one of the avaries gone and 2 fence panels

i was in college this morning but came home at lunctime as the wind had give me a really bad headache

on the way home a lottery sign blew off woolworths and hit the car,denting the door

hubby is working tonite so no doubt i will be worrying with him out on the roads
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 01:53 PM
its just started to calm down here ..........i think the south has had a lot of damage according to the news
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 02:16 PM
my ariel and skydish are hanging perilously by a wire right above the front door! Unfortunately I cant quite reach it from either of two bedroom windows...and there is NO WAY I am braving a ladder to sort it.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Lovely blue sky now, but still very strong gusts. How the tees are still standing I don't know!

2 people have died today when trees have fallen on their cars, so very tragic.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Horrendous here - Port of Dover Shut, Gale Force winds, Operation Stack in Force.............Thank goodness OH is Home from Sea!!!
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-01-2007, 03:39 PM
All our fence is gone, and the trellece, water is literally blowing out of the pond. All the pots are over. Took the puppy out for a wee and he can't walk along, he gets blown over!

All double decker busses are out of action, as are the moterways. Dad went to IKEA this afternoon and passed several trees down and several lorries that had been blown over, and one of those big trampalines had blown out of someones garden!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Just posted in the other windy thread!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I've just managed to get back from getting the kids and it wasn't a pleasant trip either. At one point I thought the car was gonna lift off the road

I did have a laugh though. While I was waiting for 1 of my daughters to come out of the salon she's training in, I thought I'd wander down to the sea front. It was far from wandering I had to hold onto a stone pillar as the wind was literally blowing me down the road I found it quite funny, trying to wrestle my way across a road to get to the pronenade (yes, I have a sick sense of humour)

I did get some short video's of the sea at Margate and a shorter vid at Ramsgate. The sea wasn't as rough as I thought it would be as it gets some shelter from the land.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2007, 04:02 PM
its died down a little here but crikey not a good day to walk home from the dentist ......yikes
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >