Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Good luck for tomorrow Jessica,
I sincerely hope it's not HV but if it is at least you caught it quickly and it sounds like you may be able to do something about it. Sometimes it's better to know a bad result and be able to treat it than wonder what it is.
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Good luck for tomorrow and please don't forget to let me know the results and if I can help with the Bowen I will no problem at all.
Keeping all paws crossed here for you and that is a lot in fact if I count all 4 paws it comes to 20 paws that are crossed
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Borderdawn - Im very sorry to hear that But thank you for your kind words.

Thank you to everyone else, Delilah is still flat out on my bed snoring, i haven't woken her up yet I have to taker her in before 10am tomorrow but they probably wont x ray her til later morning/early afternoon so im going to be worrying for hours!!

sweetmimi - I will let you know tomorrow what the vets say and hopefully you may be able to help Lilah Thanks again for your kind offer, I will really appreciate any help we can get for Delilah is we do get a diagnosis of HV!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-09-2006, 09:14 PM
good luck jess will be keeping our fingers crossed.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2006, 09:37 PM
I have you and Delilah in my thoughts for tomorrow.

{{{hugs}}} to you both x
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2006, 05:26 AM
thinking of you today and will try and catch up with the thread later

sue
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2006, 07:26 AM
Sending positives thoughts for your day, give Delilah a huge kiss from us all! We will all be thinking of you. xxx
sweetmimi
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Thinking of you today and hope you get some good news
Babs
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2006, 01:49 PM
We've got Delilah back from the vets, and the news is far worse than we imagined.

She does have HV in three vertebre (T7, T8 & T9). She also has sculiosis (sp?) where her spine is incredibly bent (the x rays were awful) and a large section of her spine (T1 - T6) is fused.

The vets aren't very hopeful. We have an appointment with the referal clinic next tuesday to see about an operation to put a plate around her spine to stop the damaged vertebre from popping up and damaging her spinal cord, which would lead to her being paralysed. They are very reluctant to do it on a dog as small as Delilah. If she had the surgery and it was successful she should be able to carry on moving though, just with very limited neck movement.

The outlook is not good, with all thats wrong with her, without the surgery we probably only have 3 or 4 months left with our baby. I just dont know what to do, once she's paralysed she cant cope because of the rest of the damage to her spine, but then she could die from the surgery... The breeder said not to have the surgery and enjoy our last few months with her but i cant just let her die...
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2006, 01:53 PM
i am so so sorry i wish i could help in some way
Page 6 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »