View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2015, 09:56 PM
Thank god for that Gordon, thought i may need to do battle with the dreaded photobucket! Must admit i am not an ant and dec fan either
Tzw, the jorvic centre is really good, one of my best memories as a kid wsd watching my mum whizz round in the carriage thing sniffing on a bottle of perfume ttrying not to throw up Lol, really was quite authentic and educational...would love to go back, we went round the city walls and if i recall we went to where dick turpin was either killed or buried...forget which but can remember walking all over the place with something to do with him.My nan paid for us all to stay in a posh hotel...i was obsessed with the shoe polisher in the toilet and burnt a hole in my brand new trainers
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2015, 09:58 PM
Must apologise for the epic spelling mistakes in my post's, i am on my phone....i am sadly not drunk Lol
Gordon, i will remember that...may come up in a quiz
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
June - if you go to York again, you simply must visit the university, where you will find the largest plastic bottomed lake in Europe (how's that for a fine example of mindless drivel?) Strange fact, I know, but true nonetheless!
My son went to York University, at his first year there we went for a walk right round the grounds, the grounds are beautiful and think I've still got pics of us stood near the lake so glad he went there, I absolutely love York
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2015, 10:04 PM
Only place we've not done is the Jorvik centre, nearly went with the school I was working at. Lauryn used to be really scared of dark places, and I was told it's quite dark in there. She loads better now so may do it next time we take her.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Thank god for that Gordon, thought i may need to do battle with the dreaded photobucket! Must admit i am not an ant and dec fan either
Tzw, the jorvic centre is really good, one of my best memories as a kid wsd watching my mum whizz round in the carriage thing sniffing on a bottle of perfume ttrying not to throw up Lol, really was quite authentic and educational...would love to go back, we went round the city walls and if i recall we went to where dick turpin was either killed or buried...forget which but can remember walking all over the place with something to do with him.My nan paid for us all to stay in a posh hotel...i was obsessed with the shoe polisher in the toilet and burnt a hole in my brand new trainers
He's buried in St Georges churchyard,
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-04-2015, 10:15 PM
Mandy - I have never seen the lake - just another useless fact that stored away in my aged bonce! Glad that it's nice to look at though - don't feel quite so daft for knowing that now!! lol !
Griff - Don't tell fibs - we are all well aware that at this time on a Saturday night you have doubtless been imbibing in the dreaded "Vino Collapso" or a glass or two of the wonderful "Milk of Amnesia".
If you are ever one short for a quiz team, give me a shout, I surpass all expectations when it comes to irrelevancies and curiosities, my brain is chock a block with mindless drivel - virtually no room for anything even remotely either useful or sensible!! lol !!!
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Poor Dick Turpin - didn't even know he was dead!
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2015, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Poor Dick Turpin - didn't even know he was dead!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

11-04-2015, 10:22 PM
One of the farms near to me, has a barn which is a listed building, where Dick Turpin is supposed to have stayed. My geography isnt wonderful, but can't see him going via our village on the way to York Doubt I'll get the chance of going to York again if I'm realistic
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2015, 10:25 PM
Right my ipad is about to disappear ( it has2% left) so I will say good night
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >