View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2013, 07:52 AM
I'm really hoping Pereg is over her fits now and you have been able to get some rest Malka.
x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-09-2013, 08:35 AM
Pereg seems back to normal at the moment, thank you Rose and thank you Linda. It is over 48 hours since her last seizure so I think that this last episode is now out of her system and just have to hope that she will go a bit longer this time before the next episode!

You both know how it is!

(((hugs))) to you both and cuddles to both Loki's xx
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2013, 08:40 AM
Great news that she's doing well, Malka
Hope it continues for both of you x

C'mon Pereg, you can beat your year and 177 day streak!
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Wonderful news that it seems this episode is out of her system. I do hope you can now relax and get some well deserved rest.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

09-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Aw Malka I am delighted to hear that! I hope too that it will be a long while before any more. I always feel like I am sitting on the edge of a knife waiting!!

Big hugs and cuddles to you both and I hope you can get some much needed rest. Bles you both xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-09-2013, 11:18 AM
That's good news Malka.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2013, 12:36 PM
Good news Malka. I hope she goes much, much longer next time but I know you will be watching continually.
*Hugs*
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Jen, at Scooby's age if they only started a year or so ago your vets are probably right, and if both he and you can cope then why try to find the cause when even if it is a brain tumour I am sure you would not put him through such risky surgery. Just love and enjoy him as he is, as I love and enjoy Pereg. (((hugs)))

Thankfully she seems to have gotten over this last episode, and hopefully she will go a bit longer before the next.
He is fast asleep on my bed at the moment where he will sleep every night until the day comes when he doesn't wake up. I'm actually cancelling his insurance this month as he is at an age now where I will not put him through anything major and anything minor I can pay for myself. Some part of me feels guilty because it's like I'm giving up on him

I'm glad Pereg is doing well she is a special girl, a fighter. I will cross my fingers for you to have a peaceful night. (((Hugs)))
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Jen you are not giving up on Scooby by cancelling his insurance - I hope he enjoys many years yet, but when he does go that he goes like my Little One did - in her sleep cuddled up to me. Thank you for saying that my Pereg is a special girl - I think she is but then we probably all think that our dogs are special, and I really do think she is a fighter because bad as it gets she does bounce back to normal once the episode/s are out of her system.

I have no insurance for her as there was none available when I rescued her. I think there is now but of course she cannot be insured now. Her Pb alone costs £15.85 every 15 days and I dare not work out what her necessary supplements cost - those to support her liver, kidneys and heart because of what the Pb and the seizures can do to her, because she is my girl and I will do everything in my power to keep her as healthy as possible in spite of her epilepsy.

And she really is healthy. She is not ill, she is just epileptic. That is exactly what Dr Ram, her Vet says. He says "I am not ill, I am healthy. I just happen to be epileptic" - and that is what has helped me the most. I do not know what the odds are of an epi dog having a Vet who also has epilepsy but I think it is probably quite rare!

Many times I think I just cannot cope any more, but I do somehow because she needs me. And I suppose I need her. And somehow there is a closeness between us that maybe there would not be were she not epi. Who knows.

All I know is that I love her and she is closer to me than any of the dogs I have had and loved over many years now. And I think it is because of this horrible condition called epilepsy.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6