View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2013, 08:11 PM
We still have mince pies and Lebkuchen. Oh and some homemade Christmas cake (yum!).

Alcohol-wise; I have red wine and out-of-date Baileys, which my brother says is fine! And a bottle of Cava, which is over a year old. Does Cava go off?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2013, 08:26 PM
Probably not LS.....it could even be almost Vintage Cava now Baileys is disgusting, whether in date or not.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2013, 08:28 PM
*throws Nippy a squashed chocolate, which may or may not be turkish delight
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Strawberry creams have gone as well, just 4 squashed turkish delight, can't understand it, have looked everywhere, surely the babies haven't sneaked in....ah that will be why they were sick and poorly yesterday, couldn't have been me eating an entire large box of Thorntons... I knew I wouldn't have done. Unless they eloped with your maltesers, thats always a possibility
Just emailed all the babies families some new piccies over, they are being microchipped on Saturday, 1st vax on Wednesday, Sasha goes on Friday and Che goes on the 17th
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Mmmm mmmyes it mmmmwas mmma mmmturkish delight chomp chomp

Oh my we are all going to miss those babies
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2013, 08:37 PM
Evening all,

I do come bearing gifts: some mini-chocolate eclairs that are almost defrosted.

I logged on this afternoon and read a load of new threads etc and meant to drop in here to keep up with the chat - I got waylaid watching a thread so didn't post here - so it has taken me AGES to read all the posts again.

Firstly LS you mentioning out-of-date Baileys reminds me of a couple of years ago when a friend dropped in and we offered her a drink. Her choice was Baileys and I knew we'd run out. Low and behold my OH said we had a Baileys miniature in the drinks cabinet. He opened it and went to pour and nothing came out - it was solid I was so embarrassed.

Helena, just because you are writing these words "surely, now that I'm old and wrinkly he can't have got that kind of message off me??!!! , you don't honest believe them. We've all seen photos of you and what we see (and your neighbour) is certainly not what you describe yourself as.

Malka - I hope you are feeling better. Sorry to hear about your friends' health.

June - Love the puppy-fix and I'm glad they've all recovered today. I also love your description about the pups walking off with the food.

Norma - welcome, how lovely to have a new 'chatter' in here.

Sally - I hope the news of your Dad is good when you speak to your sister next. ((hugs)).

Moet - sounds like you need a drink from the Magic Bottle after the frustrating day you've had.

RoseB - loved the coral

I didn't get to meet up with my nephew at my Mum's today. They are all going in tomorrow which I can't do. He's promised to give me more notice next time and will come and stay with us next time he's over from Hong Kong.

Walked my dogs little legs off today - it was just so nice to be out when it feels mild and no rain

I'm just about to pour myself a huge 'magic' drink and steal a few chocies. Blow the diet today (it only lasted about 7 hours)
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Afternoon Harvey, is this your first time in cos if it isn't then I missed you out Apologies, but glad you're here now You know what I'm like!!!
Yes you did but I sure wasn't going to say anything I think we've been chatting on Dogsey for so long I know you'd never do that deliberately

Second wettest year on record and I'm thinking of you walking in those woods but now you've switched to the beach it's probably better. How I miss walking with the dogs on the beach, Ria our beloved Labrador used to go absolutely bonkers when we went to the beach.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Evening all,

I do come bearing gifts: some mini-chocolate eclairs that are almost defrosted.

I logged on this afternoon and read a load of new threads etc and meant to drop in here to keep up with the chat - I got waylaid watching a thread so didn't post here - so it has taken me AGES to read all the posts again.

Firstly LS you mentioning out-of-date Baileys reminds me of a couple of years ago when a friend dropped in and we offered her a drink. Her choice was Baileys and I knew we'd run out. Low and behold my OH said we had a Baileys miniature in the drinks cabinet. He opened it and went to pour and nothing came out - it was solid I was so embarrassed.

Helena, just because you are writing these words "surely, now that I'm old and wrinkly he can't have got that kind of message off me??!!! , you don't honest believe them. We've all seen photos of you and what we see (and your neighbour) is certainly not what you describe yourself as.

Malka - I hope you are feeling better. Sorry to hear about your friends' health.

June - Love the puppy-fix and I'm glad they've all recovered today. I also love your description about the pups walking off with the food.

Norma - welcome, how lovely to have a new 'chatter' in here.

Sally - I hope the news of your Dad is good when you speak to your sister next. ((hugs)).

Moet - sounds like you need a drink from the Magic Bottle after the frustrating day you've had.

RoseB - loved the coral

I didn't get to meet up with my nephew at my Mum's today. They are all going in tomorrow which I can't do. He's promised to give me more notice next time and will come and stay with us next time he's over from Hong Kong.

Walked my dogs little legs off today - it was just so nice to be out when it feels mild and no rain

I'm just about to pour myself a huge 'magic' drink and steal a few chocies. Blow the diet today (it only lasted about 7 hours)
Huffff, don't talk to me then
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Huffff, don't talk to me then

I got a mention

Hi Harvey

Oh dear, not long now before those babies leave home
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran