View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Malka, that honey sounds good and I'm sure the odd wing or two won't do you any harm Good luck with it anyway.

I DID leave glasses H.........you were just in too much of a hurry to look for them; they are up on the shelf along with Nippy's cakes! Oh, and yes I do remember trying to drink from a bottle of champagne once - what a flipping waste!! How do those Formula 1 boys do it I wonder? Mind you, they are drenched anyway with the stuff after spraying it around.

Pipes in the bathroom - for months and months there has been and on and off horrible smell in husband's bathroom, and I mean horrible. No amount of cleaning and scrubbing and opening the window wide makes any difference when it is there (and yes, at first I did blame HIM!!). Eventually we realised that a) it was not a sewage sort of scent if you know what I mean, more of a horrible musty damp smell and b) it happens after heavy rain. We found that there is an air brick at ground level right under that bathroom, and also that the pointing around it is rather worse for wear. So in our case I don't think that it is leaking pipes, but may be water seeping in under the floorboards. Still, surely as the dampcourse is above the airbrick that shouldn't make the smell Perhaps it is pipes after all. Oh well, we have a little man coming to investigate.

Jimmi's paw has been salined, and he is now sulking in his lampshade on the spare bed........heard a strange noise just now and went to investigate, and found him trying desperately to scratch his ear. Poor little chap, I did it for him.

I am trying very hard to work out the free gift that came with the washing machine - a Bosch professional steam iron system. It's the size of the titanic, and I am rather sure that it is not for the likes of me!!!

*refills glass, and settles back in chair
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Evening all

Well what a nice day, Davie and I went swimming and had a laugh splashing each other. He swam a quarter of a length on his front for the first time, so was really chuffed. He can do a full length on his back but on his front seems to just sink. Weird cause he can swim like a fish underwater.

This evening we treated ourselves to a chinese, then went through to Invergordon for the Fire Brigade Fireworks display, it was a brilliant display. Just hope they can do it again next year, the funding is getting a little low for them.

Tonight I won a voucher on one of the status sites for Amazon! Well pleased, I've bought the new Dark Tower book by Stephen King, been after it for ages! Now I'm relaxing and preparing for the parade tomorrow.
Oooh I love Stephen King but haven't read anything of his for ages. Enjoy!

Have a good day tomorrow - always so emotional isn't it.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
That's the trouble with dogs, they always want to be in on the act don't they, ANY act!!!

Oh dear, leaking pipes, that's not good, I had the dreaded leaking loo up at the van for weeks hence the new one fitted yesterday, so good luck with that. This is why Dave won't let me have tiles in the bathrooms here because of the pipes under the floor, can you imagine after spending all that money having to smash them all Steve doesn't have to demolish too much there Linda
Oh God do you know what - I was just thinking today about tiles because obviously the carpet has had it but I thought no, what if we had a leak under the floor ...

Oh H, that's a nightmare to think about - what do you have in your bathroom then?
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Hello all sorry for the late reply I'm totally knackered! Had a fab day at discover dogs and spent way to much!

Off to sleep now as been up since 5am

Night all
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Although I don't have enough time to quote and reply to everyone individually I have very much enjoyed reading what everyone has been up too every day .

Thank you Helena and Lynn for being our daily 'postmen'
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6