Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Morning Nechda, morning all

Ditto your thoughts for June, Bev Greyhoundk and Lynn [tissues ready hon?].

Umm, you are correct in thinking I am shvitzing - I have just set the thermometer on the table next to my keyboard and it is registering 39.2°C so no wonder my left arm is burning. Fair enough it is cooler indoors when the door is closed but Pereg is sprawled outside and until she is cooked and comes in I cannot close the door.

Someone should tell the weather that this is November, not the height of summer.

Right - off for a shower - one good thing about the sun is the fact it heats the water! Not so good when there is no sun and I have no hot water though, as the immersion thingy in the tank wot is on top of the solar panel tends to blow the electricity so I have not used it since the first time I tried when I moved in here 12 years ago. Not to worry, my theory is that if there is no hot water then it is too cold to shower in any case, and my en-suite, not being a solid structure, is like an ice-box in the winter. So then it is boil a kettle and have a quick up and down with a flannel and get clothes on quickly!

Have a good weekend everyone. and massive (((HUGS))) for Lynn xx
I was just sitting here wondering where you had been today, and then I just saw a thread of yours up, and it was only then when I came in here to check, that I realised I had missed you out grandma That's because you were the last one on the previous page and I just missed it sorry!!! It's also because, well, you know, I'm oooooold like you are!!!! I'm sure you will forgive me though xxxxxxx

I'm also sure I did this to lots of peops yesterday, so apologies to those people too, Lynn is much better at this than me and she'll be doing it all tomorrow!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I was just sitting here wondering where you had been today, and then I just saw a thread of yours up, and it was only then when I came in here to check, that I realised I had missed you out grandma That's because you were the last one on the previous page and I just missed it sorry!!! It's also because, well, you know, I'm oooooold like you are!!!! I'm sure you will forgive me though xxxxxxx

I'm also sure I did this to lots of peops yesterday, so apologies to those people too, Lynn is much better at this than me and she'll be doing it all tomorrow!
I don't think I am. You have done a brilliant job over the last wo days Helena.

It seems to be working brilliantly as an all day thread.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Nechda sheli - sometimes I really do wonder about you!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2012, 06:00 PM
what is this 'shvitzing' fab word, just need to know what it means before I casually introduce it into my conversations
Helena, you're a few years behind me, you young whippersnapper you, so you won't remember the blue sugar bags, I remember the blue salt twists in the Smiths Crisps as well ah those were the days when there was only one flavour to worry about
Lynn will have her work cut out tomorrow
ps wots the netchda shell thingy
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 06:04 PM
THERE you are!!!! No, please don't worry about me, nobody else does, although Dave often comments "you're not safe to be let out on your own" What can he mean????
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2012, 06:07 PM
I think the PO story speaks for itself, who else would that happen to
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 06:13 PM
Haha you're not alone I think we all do.

Isn't it nice to just drop in and have a coffee and a natter. Good idea this all day thread!
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Good evening one and all

I seem to have missed the rain, for which I am thankful! My sister and I have driven to Frinton on Sea today to visit our other sister. I am glad to say she is in good spirits atm but we will all be glad when she has the full picture and some sort of treatment is put in place.

We had an uneventful journey, I was sure we would be sat in traffic but we sailed up there and back. The sat nav tried to take us on a mystery tour but I realised it was set to avoid toll roads.

I hope you all have a good evening.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2012, 06:51 PM
Pleased that your sister is in good spirits Gerry.
Makes life a bit easier for you I think.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Evening Gerri glad to hear your sister is in good spirits.
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >