Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Andy1 View Post
I delivered 12 of these letters last Thursday, and within a couple of hours 6 people had visited to say how shocked they were. They offered to help in any way they could and were disgusted by what we had received.

Then today, we got this letter from the neighbour who lives directly next to us (not the nice one who is going to look after our dog)

I was concerned that my letter maybe was little harsh, but since last Thursday 9 out of the 12 people we sent the letter to have been to visit and say how shocked they are. Not one person has taken the letter personally, except for her.

The majority of her letter is inaccurate and I can't help thinking it was her that sent the threat.

"Methinks the Lady doeth protest too much"her reply says it all doesn't it !!

Someone complained that my friends dogs barked all day one day(I part own them)my friend's response to the council was"They must have very good hearing the dogs were 20 miles away all that week"(which was true)

They do say what goes around comes around don't they & from recent events the couple who complained have been more than paid back for making my friend ill with worry that she might have had to let the dogs stay with me 24/7 as she lives on her own except for our dog(only one now)
Larrabee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Sorry, but I think she's got a point. You complain about getting a threatening letter then respond by sending a letter that, while not as bad as the original, is still pretty heavy handed and would be a shock to a neighbour who thought you were getting on ok.

If its true that you're on first name terms I can completely understand why she's upset with you, and I wouldn't be so quick to discount her claims that the dog barks when you're out, after all, you're out aren't you so you can't know 100%.

Most importantly, don't get carried away start playing amateur detective. You've told the police just keep following the correct procedures if something else happens.
marley123
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Larrabee View Post
Sorry, but I think she's got a point. You complain about getting a threatening letter then respond by sending a letter that, while not as bad as the original, is still pretty heavy handed and would be a shock to a neighbour who thought you were getting on ok.

If its true that you're on first name terms I can completely understand why she's upset with you, and I wouldn't be so quick to discount her claims that the dog barks when you're out, after all, you're out aren't you so you can't know 100%.

Most importantly, don't get carried away start playing amateur detective. You've told the police just keep following the correct procedures if something else happens.

i agree to be honest,
if i got a letter from the woman next door i would be almost hurt that she felt she couldnt just ask about somthing,
Andy1
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-11-2011, 10:21 PM
We were advised by the police not to approach neighbours, which is why we didn't knock on doors.

Yes, our dog might bark when we are out, that is probably one part of her letter that is true. As for being on first name terms, that is certainly not the case.
Larrabee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by Andy1 View Post
We were advised by the police not to approach neighbours, which is why we didn't knock on doors.

Yes, our dog might bark when we are out, that is probably one part of her letter that is true. As for being on first name terms, that is certainly not the case.

If you were advised by the police not to approach why on earth did you send that letter? Its still an approach, just a different method.

You seem to have made your mind up about her, why don't you take her up on her offer and get both letters fingerprinted?
Andy1
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Larrabee View Post
If you were advised by the police not to approach why on earth did you send that letter? Its still an approach, just a different method.
They just said we shouldn't start knocking on doors. We asked if sending a letter letting people know what had happened was ok, and they said it was.
Andy1
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-11-2011, 10:34 PM
You seem to have made your mind up about her, why don't you take her up on her offer and get both letters fingerprinted?
I haven't made up my mind about her, I just think her reaction is a little strange. Especially when there are other people around here that would have far more right to be annoyed at the letter, yet they weren't.

As for the fingerprints, the police wouldn't' do anything unless something happens. Then they would take the original letter and fingerprints from suspect I would have thought.

Apologies if some people think I am over reacting or haven''t behaved accordingly. But I don't take kindly to someone threatening our dog.
Secret Santa
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Whoops... logged in as SS. Will swap and re-post my comment! Maryann
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-11-2011, 11:14 PM
I don't think your letter was rude or intimidatory - strange that she does.

Also strange that she claims your dog has barked excessively when you are out and when she has visitors call but has never approached you before. How can you do anything about it if you don't know.

I would be livid to be told that my neighbour has jokingly talked about poisoning my dog to other neighbours. Why would she joke about it and why only tell you now.

I have been on the receiving end of anonymous threats from a neighbour before and it is horrible. The RSPCA visited as somebody claimed we never walk our dogs hahahaha We are seen out every single day walking them and the dogs are rarely at home.

What do you do next? I would speak to next door neighbour and just matter of factly apologise for any offence taken and ask her to let you know if your dog is excessively noisy at any time so that you are aware of specific times and you can attempt to rectify. Don't let em see that they are getting to you.
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by Secret Santa View Post
Whoops... logged in as SS. Will swap and re-post my comment! Maryann
From me and not Santa:

Considering the letter you received and the manner in which it was written, I think your letter was fair and you were clear about why you were sending it. If I received the letter you sent from a neighbour, then I would be more concerned than annoyed. Obviously, I have no idea about your situation, that is just how I think I would feel if it was me.

If your dog is/was really making that much noise, and the person went to the effort of printing off details from the Council website, then why did they not just report you instead of sending you that letter??!!

Your dog is beautiful by the way - I have always loved Newfie's!!
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >