Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Sorry it IS osteo - but the life as a tripod thing, the cat would like you to know it's no biggie and gets you lots of extra cuddles, biscuits and affection.

Although your dog isn't, you might find a lot of info on places like the greyhound forums since that breed's prone to it - I know there's a big fairly active thread on greytalk.
Thank you. As you can see, he looks as though he has some sort of lurcher in him! He has the same laid back attitude to life as well......until you press the collie button! Best of both worlds really.
greyloz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi, We just lost our greyhound who had tumour in her shoulders. She was being treated for arthritis after 1st x-ray but she was not wanting to go out very far and she loved her walks as we took both our dogs on hols with us. We moved home in Jan this year but she seemed in more pain than before so back to vets and they xrayed her again and said it looked like a tumour, they would amputate and give her a couple of months or pts there and then. It was very hard but we felt it wouldnt be fair to put her through major surgery for just a couple of months and she carried alot of weight on skinny legs. That was in Feb this year and it is still hard to except.
aerolor
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 08:15 PM
I think it was today that Pam said Milo was due for his surgery. I do hope that it is now over and that he will be able to make a good recovery. My thoughts and best wishes are with you and Milo.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 02:18 AM
Hi Pam

Hope things went as well as they could have done today for Milo and yourself.

We are all thinking of you.

Deb x
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 06:32 AM
Thank you so much for thinking of Milo! Yes, he had the op yesterday and, when I rang, the vet said it had gone well with no complications but he was still very sleepy and it was very much 'one day at a time'. I have to ring again this morning so I'll let you know. I'm not sure when I'll get to see him or whether it's better to leave it until he can come home.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Thinking of you and Milo. xx
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Thinking of you and Milo. xx
Thank you Malka and I hope Pereg's condition has stablised? I can't see a new post on here about her so assume it is good news.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-08-2011, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
Thank you Malka and I hope Pereg's condition has stablised? I can't see a new post on here about her so assume it is good news.
Thanks for thinking of her. Yesterday was seizure-free B"H so we have to just KOKO - Keep On Keeping On. One day at a time.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
I have to ring again this morning so I'll let you know.
Well, he's had some breakfast and apparently seems quite comfortable, so that's a relief!
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Glad he's recovering well from the surgery. When can he come home?
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >