Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
If David Attenborough is saying the cull is wrong,that's good enough for me!
And Lord Krebs
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
And Lord Krebs
Of course!!
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2013, 10:15 PM
They will decide whether it is humane by testing the level of the badgers screams while its being killed!!!!if you can believe that
It is absolutely disgraceful, disgusting and cruel. I just despair of the human race at times.

What is wrong with people? Cannot they see that this is just plain WRONG!!

This from someone who has lived all her life in the country, who comes from a farming background ... hunting, fishing shooting, brought up in the full understanding of the concept of raising animals for food, life and death etc. etc. I am no bunny hugger before anyone accuses me of wanting to protecting fluffy wuffy animals. There is nothing fluffy about badgers, they are viscous in the extreme and I know of people who have been chased by them at night - they can apparently run like the wind. As a child, we used to stay at the Ardnagashel hotel on Bantry Bay (sadly it burned down) which was owned by a delightful and very eccentric couple called Ronnie & Audrey Kaulback. They had adopted 2 wild orphan badger cubs they named Milligan & Frogerty and these 2 used to come into the bar of the hotel at night for their ration of peanuts. My brother and I were allowed to come into the bar to see them, but we were told to keep very still and bring our legs up high onto the bar stools because if frightened by something they could sink their teeth in to the nearest object and bite down to the bone - and they were just cubs.

Leave the badgers alone - they are an asset to our countryside - but start breeding healthy dairy cows which have a natural resistance to TB.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Of course!!

I adore DA - he is my hero, he is spellbinding.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2013, 05:18 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I never said there were ... I very carefully avoided using the words in my last post!! Because, of course, it was more than clear to me than despite your protestations, you were indeed trying to trip me up. I am afraid you did not succeed.

You've answered my question for me ... I hope no-one is around counting barn owls in YOUR area when you are shooting at night. You cannot rely on people sticking to footpaths.

And yes, I do think it OK to be on someone's else property without their permission to protect an animal - any animal, domestic or wild - from pain, suffering and unnecessary slaughter. I am no vigilante, but I passionately believe in the preservation of wildlife and I passionately believe that the human species is NOT the most important species on the planet, EVERY species has its place in the great scheme of things, and as the supposedly most intelligent species, we should use our intelligence intelligently, not blindly for short-term gain.
Theres always someone or something around love-whether thats a dog walker,dogs,badgers or deer-you're not shooting into darkness.Its all done by either night vision or by high intensity lamp so unless you're a retard they're in no danger.

So even when something has been sanctioned by the government you will still pick and choose which parts of the law you adhere to? See,we've come right back to that selective principles thing again!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Ah I see. The drop 'em and shoot 'em type? People moan about Badgers being shot too!!

You see nothing you assume .
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Theres always someone or something around love-whether thats a dog walker,dogs,badgers or deer-you're not shooting into darkness.Its all done by either night vision or by high intensity lamp so unless you're a retard they're in no danger.

So even when something has been sanctioned by the government you will still pick and choose which parts of the law you adhere to? See,we've come right back to that selective principles thing again!
Yup!! It's called selective intelligence ... love
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6