View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 02:41 PM
I have No idea how I missed this thread so sorry I couldn't add to the Dogsey vibes when you needed them most...but here are plenty of healing vibes now that the medication is sorted and that poor Cassie will be fit free. It must be so distressing and frustrating to see I guess you just have to focus on the fact that Cassie quickly forgets it happened.

Huge (((((HUGS))))) to everyone. And Staffy snuggles from Ben for Cassie
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally Posted by cally View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your dog having
a fit,I had a Yorkie that suffered with epilepsy
and she was on tablets for the rest of her life,
they don't cure the problem but keep it under
control,however,my Cindy had 2 fits one after
the other and lasted for 1/2 hr,the first one was
a petit mall,then a grand mall,it is awful to watch,
but the dog does'nt know a thing,and the thing is
that it nearly always happens when they're quiet,
there is no warning.
Thanks for your support . xx

Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
I have No idea how I missed this thread so sorry I couldn't add to the Dogsey vibes when you needed them most...but here are plenty of healing vibes now that the medication is sorted and that poor Cassie will be fit free. It must be so distressing and frustrating to see I guess you just have to focus on the fact that Cassie quickly forgets it happened.

Huge (((((HUGS))))) to everyone. And Staffy snuggles from Ben for Cassie
Thanks hun. It is distressing but she's fine now and hopefully will stay that way. Staffy snuggles gratefully received.xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
So glad to hear things are kind of back to normal this morning Jackie.xxxx I expect she's still a tad tired, and you never know, upping that dose might quieten her down a bit too? I don't know coz I've been lucky enough never to have experienced anything like this. Hope you had a good evening too with the girls and I bet she couldn't wait for you to come back home for a hug either if I know Cassie! xxx Take care, all of you.xxxx
That is right - an increase in dose can result in some side effects that can last up to around two weeks and sedation is one of them. Others include increased hunger and thirst.

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Thanks Aitch. She's feeling fine today. Shouted at her dad this morning because he wasn't getting moving quick enough to take her out LOL She's been to the beach and is now lying across John's knee sleeping.
They were both waiting for me when I came in about midnight last night and yes I did get my big hug from Cassie when I came in. We're all fine here and having a peaceful, quiet weekend now. xxxxxJ
That is wonderful news - I am so pleased!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
That is right - an increase in dose can result in some side effects that can last up to around two weeks and sedation is one of them. Others include increased hunger and thirst.

That is wonderful news - I am so pleased!
Thanks so much. She seems fine and was happy enough to be out for both walks today. She's asleep now but hasn't had much of a kip all day, so that's perfectly normal for her. The fireworks unsettled her earlier but again, they always do. She wasn't too bad though, just went to her bed in the end.
She's asleep beside our bed at the minute with her chin on a gravy bone in case someone tries to nick it LOL. We're really pleased that she seems ok too. Thanks again for your good wishes and advice.xxx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Thanks Aitch. She's feeling fine today. Shouted at her dad this morning because he wasn't getting moving quick enough to take her out LOL She's been to the beach and is now lying across John's knee sleeping.
They were both waiting for me when I came in about midnight last night and yes I did get my big hug from Cassie when I came in. We're all fine here and having a peaceful, quiet weekend now. xxxxxJ
That's fab news
Pleased to hear she's doing well

Hugs to you all xx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
That's fab news
Pleased to hear she's doing well

Hugs to you all xx

Thanks Sal, appreciate it!xx
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 10:05 PM
im pleased to read that your lovely cassie ,has settled down and back to normal again (such worry ) x x
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Sorry to hear about Cassie's fits, but glad she's feeling fine again now, and that it was just a blip. Hugs to you all. x
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

02-11-2008, 12:28 AM
Gosh I have only caught sight of this thread and am so sorry to hear Cassie had another fit. They are awful, more so for us looking on. Glad to hear she is feeling better. When Loki takes her fits, I give her chopped up chicken in water that way she gets both food and water at the same time. I hand feed her as she gets too weak to take it herself! I also give her ice cream.

Hope it will be a long time before she takes more.

Hugs to her and doggy cuddles from Loki.

Take care.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
im pleased to read that your lovely cassie ,has settled down and back to normal again (such worry ) x x
Thank youxx

Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
Sorry to hear about Cassie's fits, but glad she's feeling fine again now, and that it was just a blip. Hugs to you all. x
Thanks. xx

Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Gosh I have only caught sight of this thread and am so sorry to hear Cassie had another fit. They are awful, more so for us looking on. Glad to hear she is feeling better. When Loki takes her fits, I give her chopped up chicken in water that way she gets both food and water at the same time. I hand feed her as she gets too weak to take it herself! I also give her ice cream.

Hope it will be a long time before she takes more.

Hugs to her and doggy cuddles from Loki.

Take care.
Thanks for that. We've been told about the ice cream too and I have Bachs Rescue Remedy in the house. I guess we don't know if any of these things help but we try everything don't we?
Thanks for th doggy cuddles from Loki xx
Page 6 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 >