View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2016, 11:25 PM
Harvey, the firestick is o.k ish...there are loads of things you can't get on it though...and that is dead annoying, log on to the uktv drama website and see if you can watch from there.
Mandy, look forward to the fishy photos
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-01-2016, 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Then again the whole scheme is more or less doomed now I would say
I've put it up on Google maps and once again it's a shame some lovely trees will need to be felled. It's far too close to the river. As you say it's nearly five years he'll need to re-apply soon. Maybe it is doomed.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

30-01-2016, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
Good night all
Goodnight Mandy, look forward to seeing your pics.

Originally Posted by griff View Post
log on to the uktv drama website and see if you can watch from there.
Oh yes, will do that.

For some reason I woke at 4am today, I usually get back to sleep quickly but not today so I'm off now.

Wishing you all good night, sweet dreams, so you tomorrow after SWMBO has handed over the PC
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-01-2016, 11:36 PM
Those trees look very old to me, I used to see them regularly when I took the girls over onto that bit, I am surprised they are able to fell them as they seem not to fell trees unless they can help it. There is a massive old one actually in the school playground and a branch of it fell on the roof of the summerhouse in a storm one night and they have taken away some of the heavier lower branches, but the tree is still there,much to my surprise actually, because I would have thought it would be an ideal excuse for them to take it all down.
There is also the problem of the service bridge which has its foundations in the land he has planning permission for, no idea how he is going to screen that off either, I wouldn't be wanting to pay the going rate for these 'detached' shoe boxes and have that to look at in my back garden!!! It is the only available land in Prestolee though, everywhere else is farmland,greenbelt and also there are the old mines underneath that farmland and greenbelt and vents for the gases to escape,then you're onto the Croal Irwell Valley Country Park. They've built everywhere they can now.
Not sure when he actually got the planning permission as he was selling it WITH the permission in 2011,then took it off the market, we are now 5 years down the line in 2016 and not a chance he'll be able to build on it this year with whats happened, and if he's got to re-apply for permission, will he get it again, the Council have had a nasty wake up call,and questions are being asked as to how the estate built on the old paper mill got to be built in recent years, and also the estate in the village where the old mills used to be that flooded, will they want to risk it I wonder
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2016, 11:44 PM
Night Mandy and Harvey
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2016, 11:45 PM
Think I will call it a night too...sleep well everyone
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Not sure when he actually got the planning permission as he was selling it WITH the permission in 2011,then took it off the market, we are now 5 years down the line in 2016 and not a chance he'll be able to build on it this year with whats happened, and if he's got to re-apply for permission, will he get it again, the Council have had a nasty wake up call,and questions are being asked as to how the estate built on the old paper mill got to be built in recent years, and also the estate in the village where the old mills used to be that flooded, will they want to risk it I wonder
I'm not sure about the actual time frame but I am certain that when planning permission is granted the expectation is that work will start within that time limit. If nothing happens within that time then the applicant has to either sell the land (to someone else) or apply for an extension.

I completely agree that the council will (or should) be very careful now because as you say some previous developments have been flooded and it seems like they should never have been built in the first place.

I know I've said it before but there are just too many people, it's the root cause of so many problems, but no one seems bothered grrrrrrrrrrr.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6