Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
Is it not time this thread was locked?

Personally I think there's nothing anyone can say that can be classed as 'constructive'!

I had never even heard of an e collar until I joined Dogsey!

I would never in a million years try one on any dog but I have to say I dislike the tone of some of the replies to the OP.

I don't feel the Mods on Dogsey do their job fairly at all!
Its very annoying when the OP will not answer simple questions.
So we are left to assume that she does not want us to know the answers (because i presume
that she knows in her heart that this was NOT the last chance method- but just the easist)

Hence the "tone"

Gnasher is quite happy to dish it out btw, she can dish it out & take it.

BEN is the victim here, lets not forget that.

This should DEF not be locked until gnasher tells the FULL story.

Afterall this is in "training discussions" sections, & is therefore up for discussion
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 08:58 AM

Personally I think there's nothing anyone can say that can be classed as 'constructive'!

I would never in a million years try one on any dog but I have to say I dislike the tone of some of the replies to the OP.

Because you don't agree with something you decide to insult the Mods!

This thread has been left for people to air their views and for the OP to respond...questions have still been unanswered. Believe me, us Mods are checking all threads at all times and, if something needs locking or threads deleting then it will be done.
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Because you don't agree with something you decide to insult the Mods!

This thread has been left for people to air their views and for the OP to respond...questions have still been unanswered. Believe me, us Mods are checking all threads at all times and, if something needs locking or threads deleting then it will be done.
Scorpio had no idea you was a Mod? You say because I disagree with something I feel I can Insult the mods? I was merely stating what I felt was right.

Yet others disagree with e collars are are allowed to insult the OP big time! Double standards possibly?

I don't like the little I know about e collars but I didn't feel the need to insult the OP but was sad to think of her poor dog being 'shocked'.
I only asked for the thread to be locked!

Gnasher will only tell us what she wants us to know, we will never know the Full story!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 09:40 AM

Gnasher posted this to get a reaction..Gnasher likes to fuel the fire..Gnasher cant be bothered to either train her dog or answer our questions even tho it was she that started this debate knowing fullwell what the reaction would be.(she states that in her first post)

what is it exactly the mods are meant to be doing iyo

do not like the tone..its simple,do not read the thread
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
Gnasher posted this to get a reaction..Gnasher likes to fuel the fire..Gnasher cant be bothered to either train her dog or answer our questions even tho it was she that started this debate knowing fullwell what the reaction would be.(she states that in her first post)

what is it exactly the mods are meant to be doing iyo

do not like the tone..its simple,do not read the thread
You obviously know Gnasher or at least know how she operates on here. I know nothing about her or her dogs.
I don't agree with her using an e collar nor do I agree with the tone of 'some' of the comments on here. I feel it has become a personal attack on the OP.

As for the comment if I don't like the tone don't read it? How would I know what tone etc if I didn't read it?

I will pm a mod and let them know my opinion. I wasn't trying to insult any of them, I was merely stating how I personally see things.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2011, 10:02 AM
ive not read all this thread but im really sickened by the opening post! treating a dog so inhumanely is never 'justified' imo!.. im sorry for saying this but i think the op is both lazy and cruel,...and im guessing Ben is a sibe or sibe cross if so why dont you research the breed?..if he is a husky why not exercise Ben by training him to run in harness rather than subjecting him to an awful ecollar even if he isnt a sibe many breeds enjoy bikejoring for example, i have 6 sibes and i would NEVER let them run loose in an unsecure area that said they are all taught recall just incase its ever needed, but this breed are extremely prey driven and i would never let them wreak havoc on wildlife by allowing them to run free..nor would i risk them getting lost,runover,shot because they ignored recall, and ive been in the breed 11yrs now and know of plenty of sibes who have paid the ultimate price for their owners ignorance! When i got this breed i knew that i would have to find an alternative way to keep them fit, so we run them in harness, do caniX with them and have a secure enclosure to let them off lead, they are VERY happy very healthy dogs because we put the effort in to make sure that they are!...we love them far too much to contemplate zapping them with an ecollar!.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
ive not read all this thread but im really sickened by the opening post! treating a dog so inhumanely is never 'justified' imo!.. im sorry for saying this but i think the op is both lazy and cruel,...and im guessing Ben is a sibe or sibe cross if so why dont you research the breed?..if he is a husky why not exercise Ben by training him to run in harness rather than subjecting him to an awful ecollar even if he isnt a sibe many breeds enjoy bikejoring for example, i have 6 sibes and i would NEVER let them run loose in an unsecure area that said they are all taught recall just incase its ever needed, but this breed are extremely prey driven and i would never let them wreak havoc on wildlife by allowing them to run free..nor would i risk them getting lost,runover,shot because they ignored recall, and ive been in the breed 11yrs now and know of plenty of sibes who have paid the ultimate price for their owners ignorance! When i got this breed i knew that i would have to find an alternative way to keep them fit, so we run them in harness, do caniX with them and have a secure enclosure to let them off lead, they are VERY happy very healthy dogs because we put the effort in to make sure that they are!...we love them far too much to contemplate zapping them with an ecollar!.
She can't be bothered.

rune
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
She can't be bothered.

rune
OMG thats a pathetic excuse poor Ben
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2011, 10:15 AM
You obviously know Gnasher or at least know how she operates on here. I know nothing about her or her dogs.
I don't agree with her using an e collar nor do I agree with the tone of 'some' of the comments on here. I feel it has become a personal attack on the OP.

As for the comment if I don't like the tone don't read it? How would I know what tone etc if I didn't read it?

I will pm a mod and let them know my opinion. I wasn't trying to insult any of them, I was merely stating how I personally see things.
a lot of us know the op from old...and other sites yes.
...doesnt the tone suggest we are frustrated? have u read Gnashers replys too?

Gnasher has got the result she wanted from this thread imo and that includes you reporting to the mods

if u have read the whole thread i cannot see why you feel the way you do...not on a doglovers site anyway.
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
a lot of us know the op from old...and other sites yes.
...doesnt the tone suggest we are frustrated? have u read Gnashers replys too?

Gnasher has got the result she wanted from this thread imo and that includes you reporting to the mods

if u have read the whole thread i cannot see why you feel the way you do...not on a doglovers site anyway.
I have Not read the whole thread, sorry i should of made that clear.
I have no intention of Reporting any thing to mods. I just wanted to pm one to explain my comment in here.
Closed Thread
Page 55 of 83 « First < 5 45 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 65 > Last »