Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
My OH is from Birmingham, I moved to B'ham when I was 18 and we went to some of the same pubs and clubs, but we hung out with different crowds although we knew people from each group, I moved back to Wales when I was in my 30's, I am Welsh, and met my OH through an ad, it wasn't until we met we realised we had been in the same places prob at the same time as teenagers, and we had so much in common. Also my Oh had come to Wales on holiday many times as a child and loved it,we clicked straight away, and she moved in as soon as she had a job sorted out here six months later, we've been together for just over 11 years, and had our Civil Partnership on our 10th anniversary last year, now 6 cats and 2 dogs later, we want to move to a more rural area in wales and take on more rescue animals,we both found our soul mates when we eventually found each other, we both think its a shame we didn't meet as teenagers though, would have saved us both a lot of heartache.
Shows what a small world it is..
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2008, 11:27 PM
its a funny though to realise we were prob in the same space all the time from being teenagers and it wasn't until I moved we found each other, but its good to have those almost shared memories in common though.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2008, 11:37 PM
These stories are lovely! Mine is pretty dull in comparison.

Sadly I didn't meet my boyfriend through dogs. I'd known of him all through secondary school, but we weren't really friends. It wasn't until the last few weeks of 6th form that we actually got talking. We were in a computer room sitting at neighbouring computers, not doing work, and I was reading a review of a gig he'd been to, and he just looked over my shoulder and we got talking. It took a few weeks and a few drinks to get us to admit that we liked eachother, but after that, and druken snogging, we've never looked back.

We've been together about 4 years are still totally smitten. People have already started asking if we're engaged, and asking our parents if they have grandchildren (which is a little worrying)! I just think it's amazing that your ideal partner could be under your nose, going unnoticed for so long, and it just takes one conversation to make you look at them in a different way.
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2008, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Aww Angel I love that story!

Bless him, he still blushes when we talk about it He couldn't believe he was such a prat and whisked his wet dogs out of the parlour, just so he could get back in time to see me again
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2008, 12:10 PM
When I met my OH I was divorced with 2 boys, 9 and 12 yrs old and he was divorced with 4 children living with his ex and was currently living with his partner with their wedding planned for the following year!

I was working as Night Sister at a Nursing Home where his then partner worked as a carer. We were short staffed for the shift and she volunteened him to work the night without telling him. He decided he liked working as a carer, gave up his other job and worked regular nights so we got to know each other well as friends. We both fancied each other from the start but he was in a relationship (although not happy) and I was busy looking after the boys and running a home on my own. Also he was 28 and I was 45 so didnt think he could possible think of me other than as a friend.

The woman he was living with was also seeing other men and when he realised he left her and went to live with a friend. We became closer and eventually he began visiting me at home, although still as a friend. One night we had a few drinks and admitted that we had feelings for each other (thank goodness for alchol!).

That was in January and on February 14th he moved in.

We had a lot of problems due to his ex partner causing trouble and nobody expected the relationship to last due to the age difference. I also had 2 dogs and he wasnt a 'doggy' person at the time.

We have now been together 14 years in January, my 2 boys are grown up and live with their partners in their own homes, they both have dogs, one a GSD and one a BC pup.

His children are also grownup and 3 are living with partners, and have 7 children between them, plus 2 dogs and a few cats.

We now have 4 dogs of our own, so I gained a OH and an extended family all in one go.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
I met my boyfriend through our northern idiots! We met through the forum as friends and as there was a show up north arranged i'd stop at his on the way. He hadnt really met many other people with idiots and it was his first show so i said i'd introduce him and make sure his pups were ok (they were very barky at other dogs before the show)
We met up and the first thing that happened was my Vienna trying to kill his GSD Remus!!! Silly Mat put his hand inbetween them and Vienna bit him while trying to get to Remus so that errr more than a little broke the ice!! (i was mortified!!!) Anyway she likes Remus now lol.
Well the show went well, all the dogs won a rossette, Mat got the showing bug hehe and we had a great time. I did get plastered due to drowning my sorrows and Mat did get the hump cos he thought i was ignoring him lol. But i didnt know that til we got together and he told me that!
Anyway, my relationship was ending at the time (hense the sorrow drowning) and it was very traumatic for me. I couldnt face going home after the show to face my now ex so i stayed at Mats for a couple of weeks. Him and one of his friends, Nikki, were so good to me. i didnt know what i was supposed to do about my relationship and they put up with me and listened to me and cheered me up. anyway the relationship ended and Mat and Nik were there for me through it all. I realised i had feelings for Mat and told him so and he felt the same and well now we are together! lol Its a bit long distance cos i live in Kent and he lives in Derby but its great when we are together and the dogs love it esp the idiots. His little girl idiot and my big girl idiot love each other sooooo much. Hera is like a Vienna Mini Me! x
LOL, i remember that show and thought you too were getting on rather well

Ian 'The Machine' refered to you as 'your lass' or 'your girl' when speaking to Matt and he didn't correct him about it!!!

So when you moving up north then? We can your your glan with our pair and have lots of idiots on a walk LOL
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Mmmmm, i can't remember if i have answered this post already!

Anyway, i met Paul on line, on a friendship and dating site. That was 19 months ago! It's not all weirdos on dating sites!! I met my last boyfriend on line too!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Mmmmm, i can't remember if i have answered this post already!

Anyway, i met Paul on line, on a friendship and dating site. That was 19 months ago! It's not all weirdos on dating sites!! I met my last boyfriend on line too!
See at least nowadays it's a little more understood that you can meet people on the net who aren't on death row!
When I met my OH it was over 8 years ago and trying to explain to people how wet met when we lived 130 miles apart wasn't easy...... so I just used to say he was a friend of a friend (my friend being my pc lol).
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
See at least nowadays it's a little more understood that you can meet people on the net who aren't on death row!
When I met my OH it was over 8 years ago and trying to explain to people how wet met when we lived 130 miles apart wasn't easy...... so I just used to say he was a friend of a friend (my friend being my pc lol).
Yes, i think the more people that say that they met their partners on the internet the better - it removes some of the suspicion.

I used to have people warn me about meeting people on the internet, but i just used common sence and stayed staff. I must have met over 20 people on line and stayed in touch with lots of them. None of them were mass murders, but a lot just weren't for me.

Some people say that you don't know who you are meeting on line, but you don't really know who you are meeting anywhere! I also met people through going to pubs etc and never had a successful relationship that way because the thing we had in common was alcohol! But i had (and still am having) two great relationships from meeting people on the internet and have also made some good friendships.

I think it is one of lots of really good ways to meet people.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
LOL, i remember that show and thought you too were getting on rather well

Ian 'The Machine' refered to you as 'your lass' or 'your girl' when speaking to Matt and he didn't correct him about it!!!

So when you moving up north then? We can your your glan with our pair and have lots of idiots on a walk LOL
lol behave you there was nothing going on! well not then anyway!

I didnt know Ian and Mat had been talking about me! What were they saying?!?! lol

lol everyone keeps asking me when im moving!!! The answer is not anytime soon!! Will be back up next week tho so definitely have to get together! Bet Ela is HUGE now! Hope she is not bigger than Quinny hehehe xxxx
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >