View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Oh no poor Loki, hope she is better now. must be awful having to see her like that. big hugs from us. xxx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

09-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Hi Rose Thanks for taking the time to explain what happened., especially under the circumstances. Really appreciate it Rose,

Hope Loki has a peaceful and fit- free night and that you manage to get some sleep, I know you probably won't and will have one eye open and one yar listening just incase.

Goodnight and God Bless to both you and Loki. and big comforting hugs.

Speak soon Rose. Eunice xx
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 11:18 PM
So sorry to hear Loki's fitting again, but glad she had a good stretch of being fit-free. Hope you're both managing to get some sleep. Big hugs to the both of you, it must be so hard. x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Aw Rose - you know that you have my full support. I am so sorry that Lady Loki has had more fits and I will keep her in my thoughts throughout the night and hope that they cease. You are a wonderful owner who, against the background of crap breeders, has done your very best for this dog.

Do not despair, you are not alone. I just wish I could do more than send positive messages.

Unfortunately many of the breeders don't give a stuff once they've made their profit - as I found out for certain tonight with my dog's breeder, who accused me of being cruel for 'prolonging the agony' of my epileptic dog - who has a wonderful quality of life, despite the epilepsy. This only leaves a support mechanism of dog owners.

You and Loki have that Rose - always.
xxx
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 01:07 AM
So sorry to hear about the beautiful Loki, bless her. Having been through it with one of my dogs I know how upset you must be. I do hope she has a fit free and peaceful night. Sending lots of *hugs* to you both.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

10-11-2008, 01:35 AM
Sorry to hear about the fits. I could be wrong but hadn't it been a while ?

I know how upsetting it can be so big hugs and a special one for Loki from 'your' Breagh.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

10-11-2008, 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Thinking of you and Loki xxxx
Many thanks Rachel - I do appreciate it.

Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
I can't imagine how heart breaking it is. hope Loki Improves and the Fits Lessen xx
Aw many thanks Hayleybella, I find it comforting to come on here and be able to talk about it. All the lovely responses, such as yours, helps me no end and Loki as well.

Again, thank you.

Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Not a problem Rose, I think I was the one who got most confused! Thanks so much for taking the time to explain Lokis background, considering your situation at the moment. I had no idea. How sad.

Not more fits, they are a dreaded curse! I really feel so sorry for you and Loki, I really do. I expect it will be a worrying night for you. Please, take good care of both of you, I hope this is the last of the fits for tonight.
Aw that is OK - you weren't to know!!

I do appreciate your good wishes and will let you know how she gets on during the night. She had another one at 1 am.

Thanks again for your wishes.

Originally Posted by dori-katie View Post
Oh no poor Loki, hope she is better now. must be awful having to see her like that. big hugs from us. xxx
Many thanks Dori-katie. Your hugs gratefully received by Loki. It is sole destroying seeing dogs in fits thrashing around. I try to cushion her as much as possible, especially her head. She is so strong, she nearly bowled me over!!

Again, thank you.

Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Hi Rose Thanks for taking the time to explain what happened., especially under the circumstances. Really appreciate it Rose,

Hope Loki has a peaceful and fit- free night and that you manage to get some sleep, I know you probably won't and will have one eye open and one yar listening just incase.

Goodnight and God Bless to both you and Loki. and big comforting hugs.

Speak soon Rose. Eunice xx
Aw many thanks Eunice for your support as well. I appreciate it very much. Well, she did take a fit at 1 am and has had another bowl of kibble with warm water in it to soften the kibble for easy eating and she scoffed the lot, more ice cream and half a large bowl of water!! Def need to put her on a diet!! I will phone the vet later today if her fits are as bad. He may take her in as he did last time. Expensive but Loki is worth it. Pity I can't pass on the expense to the original breeder!!

Again, thank you and take care. Chat soon.

Originally Posted by mse2ponder View Post
So sorry to hear Loki's fitting again, but glad she had a good stretch of being fit-free. Hope you're both managing to get some sleep. Big hugs to the both of you, it must be so hard. x
Thank you very much, mse2ponder, yes it was a longer stretch and for that I am grateful. I am hoping Loki will sleep but she is a bit restless and so, no sleep for me tonight. It is awful to see them in a fit, sole destroying.

Many thanks for the hugs - we both appreciate them.

Take care.

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Aw Rose - you know that you have my full support. I am so sorry that Lady Loki has had more fits and I will keep her in my thoughts throughout the night and hope that they cease. You are a wonderful owner who, against the background of crap breeders, has done your very best for this dog.

Do not despair, you are not alone. I just wish I could do more than send positive messages.

Unfortunately many of the breeders don't give a stuff once they've made their profit - as I found out for certain tonight with my dog's breeder, who accused me of being cruel for 'prolonging the agony' of my epileptic dog - who has a wonderful quality of life, despite the epilepsy. This only leaves a support mechanism of dog owners.

You and Loki have that Rose - always.
xxx
Oh Linda how cruel of that breeder. She wouldn't be saying that if she saw our dogs in the throes of fits. I appreciate all the support I get on here and on the TUA.

Breeders who knowingly breed from dogs with epilepsy should be named and shamed. The RSPCA should become involved!! Perhaps one day!!

Hugs to your Loki from me and from her coz Lady Loki

Take care and thank you for your lovely words as well.
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
So sorry to hear about the beautiful Loki, bless her. Having been through it with one of my dogs I know how upset you must be. I do hope she has a fit free and peaceful night. Sending lots of *hugs* to you both.
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Sorry to hear about the fits. I could be wrong but hadn't it been a while ?

I know how upsetting it can be so big hugs and a special one for Loki from 'your' Breagh.
Many thanks, Phil, and you are right it was a while - May 19was her last fits when she had 24 in total and I got her into the vet hospital. Her last one was 1 am. That was her 10th since 4 pm Sunday! Fingers crossed she may sleep now. Doubt if I will sitting up here in the living room with my two yacking parrots!! They are both still awake.

Many thanks for the hugs and for Loki's special one from my Breagh, she is beautiful. Hugs and cuddles back to her.

Take care.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

10-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Neither Loki, nor myself, got a sleep during the night!! She has had another 6 fits during the night, making a total of 17 since 4 pm yesterday!! Although they didn't last too long each time, about 30/40 seconds but that seems an age!! I even gave her another 2 rectal diazepam up her bottom but they don't seem to have worked very well!!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 08:32 AM
Oh Rose, I am very worried about you and Loki. I know things are very tough right now and these fits are bad enough, without the rest of it. Are you able to get a vet's advice at all?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post

Oh Linda how cruel of that breeder. She wouldn't be saying that if she saw our dogs in the throes of fits.

Don't worry hun, it's water off a duck's back from someone of her ilk. For someone's comments to matter, you have to consider them to be reasonably high up the food chain, don't you? Lots of love to you and Loki today, Rose. It isn't right that you and she should have to go through this.
xxx
Page 5 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »