View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suelaine9
New Member!
Female 

10-01-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm quite glad my dog doesn't like to swim - it takes about four hours for him to dry on his own or about an hour with the hairdryer - his coat is sooooo thick and double! I do have to bath him every month though, or sometimes even more frequently in the winter 'cos he gets so mucky and tangled up with sticks and leaves!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 07:09 AM
i dont bath mine much, but tend to use a doggy shampoo when i can, usually a really expensive one cos i like to "treat" them & as im not using it often i like to Spoil them! Occassionly if its not a planned bath & ive run out i will top up with a human shampoo, but tend to use on areas like Filthy legs,tail & knickers.
sometimes ive used Fairy Liquid when ive had to!!!!!

Ive also used Dynzadog on my own hair!!!!!!
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2008, 02:12 AM
We have used johnsons baby shampoo before but have been told not to use normal humane shampoo on dogs but its ok to use baby shampoo
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2008, 12:34 PM
I always use Teatree shampoo and conditioner.............never had a prob, flea's hate teatree, and coats are glossy
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I always use Teatree shampoo and conditioner.............never had a prob, flea's hate teatree, and coats are glossy
I too use Tee Tree oil but can't always get the shampoo so I buy any good dog shampoo and add a couple of drops of Thursday Plantation 100% Pure Tea Tree Oil (expensive but it lasts ages) and I don't have a flea problem either

NB care should be taken with Tea Tree Oil, it can be toxic to dogs so should only be used in small amounts, literally just a few drops and then well diluted.

michelle davey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-01-2008, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure about the shampoo but I just wanted to let you know that I buy frontline and advantix (similar but also helps against ticks) on ebay, it works out a lot cheaper.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 02:10 PM
I use Wahl T Tree on mine and on most of the dogs I trim. Smells lovely.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5