View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-02-2005, 05:06 PM
..have you tried with the familiarisation process first so that he is used to the car..and associates it with a place to sleep ...then and only then move on... I had a cocker that 'yattered constantly' and it worked with her
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2005, 05:10 PM
I tried the familiarisation first but like I said he just kept on barking. I've tried food in the car..eats it then barks. I REALLY have tried....but in 30+ yrs of owning dogs from mongrels to pedigrees,rescues and pups I've NEVER had a dog like this one,.....saying that I live him to bits!!!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-02-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Archer
I tried the familiarisation first but like I said he just kept on barking. I've tried food in the car..eats it then barks. I REALLY have tried....but in 30+ yrs of owning dogs from mongrels to pedigrees,rescues and pups I've NEVER had a dog like this one,.....saying that I live him to bits!!!!!
O well tie him to the boot and let the little s** run behind then
CBT
Dogsey Senior

10-02-2005, 05:44 PM
awwwww No mini the roof rack would be much better
fennash
Dogsey Junior

10-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Hi Archer,
I have had similar problems as you with two of my boys. On Fenn (a very excitable b/c) I used the aboistop spray collar. It worked BRILLIANTLY. Within 24 hours i didn't even need the battery in it. I just poped the collar on and presto no barking. My other boy is a bit different, he'a completly deaf, I tried the collar on him but he just got worried. I can only guess that as he can't hear himself barking he didn't understand what he was doing to make it spray him. I have now changed over to a Husher muzzle. It is a muzzle made of elastic. it is designed to deter the dog from constant barking, it doesn't stop him from barking but (hopefully) teaches him not to by tiring the jaw muscles. It seems to be working very well so far. Might be worth you giving it a try. My dad is a dog behaviourist and he suggested these things to me. He does a lot of work with rescue dogs and has found both things to be humane and very effective.
All the best
Lynn
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
Originally Posted by Archer
O well tie him to the boot and let the little s** run behind then
I'll tell you what after manchester champ it was a DEFINATE option
Thanks for the suggestions though Mini...
Lexi
New Member!

14-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Have you tryed crating him in the back of the car with a dark cover over it so he cant see out? Anxiety plays a big part with some of the more excitable pups.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5