View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 07:34 PM
yep , sorry but smoking is something i have strong opinions on!
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 07:39 PM
I don't think smokers can appreciate just how WONDERFUL it is to walk into a bar etc and not be assailed by smoke.................................probably just as us non smokers (never smokers - why would you do that? it's such a wierd thing - that's SMOKE you're drawing into your body) can appreciate how wonderful (?) it is to get that nicotine hit.

Was in New York state in the summer - smoke free bars! Hey, if the bolshie yanks can cope with it - so can we!
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 07:48 PM
i have strong views on smoking especially when i have run out sorry i dont mean to make light of it.
to quote jeremy clarkson

'I've pointed out to anyone who'll listen that if i wish to smoke, it is none of their business and certainley no business of that over bearing, grinning meddler in NO. 10. Anyone who said that smoking-related illnesses cost the NHS a fortune that could be better spent on decent, clean living people got a metaphorical face full of phlegm. I'd point out angrily , that the tax on cigarettes is so high that smokers are paying £3million a DAY to the government. Thats enough to pay for the entire police force, so its easily enough to cover the cost of a lung transplant when they are older. The fact is that for every 20p that smokers cost the NHS, they give it £1. So actually I am probably entitled, after 20years on the weed, to any new body part that takes my fancy. I am thinking of asking for Jude Law's head.
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Aww Katy, we were getting on so well but we'll have to agree to differ on this one and if you have to call upon a ****head like Clarkson to make your case then you might pause to reconsider.

I was told that nicotine is more addictive than heroin. Somwe of the pro-smoke reaction would tend to suggest that is so.

We've all got to die - there are many more pleasant ways than lung (and lots of other organ) cancer, heart disease, emphysema, circulation problems leading to limb amputation et etc.........

I won't post on this again. Take care. H

In general I'm a libertarian, but sometimes..............
mr.leo
Dogsey Senior

13-11-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Dinahsmum
Hey, if the bolshie yanks can cope with it - so can we!
We are to much like the yanks as it is kids walking round with their heads one backwards also teaching wrong spelling such as the word like THE spelt the new way DA this sort of thing we can do with out.

If smoking is more addictive than Heroin then why can't we get help off the NHS to help us give up if we want to like getting patches on prescription?
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 08:17 PM
it would be boring if we all agreed h i am still coming to get dinah you know!!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-11-2004, 08:19 PM
you can get the nicotine patches up here in Scotland on prescription I think
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 08:31 PM
You can down in the South to Carole
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 08:32 PM
i tried those patches once made me want to smoke more and i got a rash!!!
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Hmmm didnt work then katy??? lol
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »