View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 01:22 PM
I used to have a drink every evening, until I fell pregnant with our first son (8 yrs old this summer), then I stopped. Not drinking any alcohol doesn't bother me in the least, I get very bored hearing some people I know go on about how many they had, and how bad the hangover was.
Kev and I would rather spend a bit extra on good coffee, listen to noise the machine makes then enjoy the smell and the taste!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 01:32 PM
I used to drink when I went out, at 15/16 (didn't get drunk apart from new years eve/x-mas etc).
i had a bad experience when I was 16, and have only had 2 drinks since - which I didn't enjoy at all.

Kev hasn't drank for a couple of years now.
He had a pretty bad childhood - mother alcoholic, used to beat him and his sister up etc.
He used to drink whisky to drown his sorrows, but gave up about the time he met me, and doesn't drink at all now.

My Mum drinks when she goes out, and so does my Sister...it's just me who doesnt!

I am the designated driver!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Stewart
My mum buys me a large bottle of baileys for christmas day, i start in the morning and it's gone by the time i fall into bed

Yes me too I'm addicted to the stuff
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

04-05-2006, 01:36 PM
My views might be blurred with double-vision because I don't drink

shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 01:41 PM
i don't drink at all really, last drink was over a year ago, only had a cupple of sips and that was enough. Used to drink before kids came along but got out of the habbit.

My step dad was (and still is) a very heavy drinker and all i see is a total waste of his life, he can't remember conversations or days sometimes, so i don't really touch the stuff as i have first hand experience of how you can end up and i don't like it.

I have had a bottle of bailey's in my cupboard for 3 years, (gross probabley should have chucked it by now) ............... Their its gone..................
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm quite a heavy drinker but I do know when to stop(usely when I fall over )
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Bet you had a few on your Birthday!!!
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Harveys Mum
Bet you had a few on your Birthday!!!
only 1 or 30
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 04:07 PM
i dont drink at all, cant remember the last time i had a drink. as others, my mum was an alcoholic after she divorced my dad. and its put me off ever since. I nearly got hooked on the stuff when i was 14/15 until i realised that i was ruining my life.

so no, not even at christmas, and didnt drink or go out on my 21st birthday last week either! i wont have the stuff in the house, makes me feel sad seeing people drink, even if its moderately. lucky for me my OH doesnt drink either.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Have never been able to keep the stuff down and am physically sick if I smell whisky

Used to get drunk on lager or cider (25 years ago ) but am virtually t-total now, can't remember the last time I had a drink and OH STILL has a bottle of some weird lager from Christmas (and he was only given 4)

Real party animals here
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >