View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2016, 08:09 PM
What do your title deeds say Harvey ? Mind you sometimes it's best to let them get on with it as you can't reason with stupid.
One of the houses we lived in in Brentwood council house we had awful neighbours the guy next door was sure we had stolen some of his garden the bottom of their garden was a tip.
He called the council so one day this official knocked asking if he could come and look from our side as when they said to the neighbour we hadn't they took all the boundary paperwork out and checked it he wouldn't have it. So he decided to see if we were more reasonable to deal with. I gave him access you have no choice it's in your terms and conditions. He measured up took photos and looked at the mess over the fence and said I can clearly see he actually has 18 inches of your garden do you want us to pursue it. He then said but do you want whatever is under there ?
We agreed it was best left but he did have pleasure in serving a notice on him that being either he sorted to the council's satisfaction or they would send a team in and bill them.
That would of been amusing they were always in rent arrears and hiding from the rent collector. The days when they knocked for their rent.
I have since learnt from Paul next door not sure where he has heard it that this house has no permission for their jetty either so that would be the previous owners. Think they are related or good friends so not sure if they have no consent from the middle level commissioners or planning permission or both. Might of opened a can of worms here.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2016, 08:16 PM
oooo Harvey, maybe we could have a dogsey gathering at yours and see how much we could wind him up Lol
Oh dear Lynn, i wonder is there like a clause or something where if the thing has been inlace for so many years you can keep it? hopefully!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
She's only 13 months Sue, could understand it if she was one of the older ones, you expect things to happen, but not with a youngster. I'm bracing myself for something bad I think
Oh June I do hope not. Sorry I can't offer any advice but I do agree it's a strange scenario for a 13 month old dog.

Took Casey down to the river today, it was very high and part of the field was flooded. Walking along the track on the way back keept looking behind, it used to be Casey in front and Rianna behind must try to keep busy, the 'man cave' project is helping, I was thinking to day that it will be 2017 before it's finished

Griff sorry that you have to up the medication, hope it will be tempory, keep us up to date on this please. I am the last person in the entire world to talk about relationships so I'll not do so with you

Have some chores to do now so bidding you all goodnight
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Not sure about the jetty griff we have the consent from the middle level commissioners lasts for 3 years everyone should have that and you also need planning permission from Kings Lynn council planning department. I think that also last about 3 years.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-06-2016, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
What do your title deeds say Harvey ? Mind you sometimes it's best to let them get on with it as you can't reason with stupid.
From what I recall when discussing with our conveyancing solicitor the deeds say that we are responsible for maintaining the fence on Julia's side and he is responsible for maintaining the fence on his side.

But if I want to pay for improvements to the fence (for example to prevent Casey from escaping) then it should be possible.

To be honest Lynn I can't summon up the will power to take it further, we've installed a fence using stock fencing and put up some decorative bamboo fencing (as advised by Griff ) so we can't see him and he can't see us and that's how it will stay.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Best way sometimes Harvey when you have to live next door to someone.
More things in life to worry about than ignorant people.
This person is not my neighbour and it affects a few dog walkers and to be honest if our friend hadn't informed me when I spoke to him about it that he is breaking a lot of rules I probably would of lived with it.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2016, 08:47 PM
Awww Harvey, how sad for you all...i still look for diez and laney and this pair get called their names frequently. Neighbours can be so damn annoying sometimes...that said mine spoke to me tonight!
as for relationships....well, i said to my aunty i am in such a mess because of all my previous ones...i have literally Zero confidence...which is why i spend my laugh half convinced i am being the butt of a joke
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2016, 10:30 PM
Evening all - seems everyone has been busy and generally involved today.
I've been de-bugging the hen and pigeon houses, do them once a year with diatomaceous earth. There have been no sign of parasites but i always use DE at the end of June, just to make sure there are no incidences of unwanted visitors. After doing it I read the instructions for use and apparently under no circumstances should you inhale the damn stuff. I have spent at least 2 hours today covered in the stuff as along with the housing I also dust the birds and none of them take very kindly to it. Not so bad doing pigeons which are relatively small and easy to catch/handle but Full grown Wellsummer Cockerels (around 12lbs in weight) is another matter.
Along with the lungs full of toxic bug basher, I am now covered in peck marks and scratches. Came away from the encounter covered in blood (mine) - so much for helping the thankless feathered fiends! lol !
Providing the DE doesn't take me in the night I'll be back on tomorrow as I rather fancy an early night tonight. Goodnight all. G.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-06-2016, 10:59 PM
We'll pray for an uneventful night for you LG, should the worst happen, let us know and we'll give you a decent send off. I'll get Eileen TOtable dance and it will go swiftly downhill from there. I always read the instructions after as well, and find out that I've done what you are specifically advised against
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5