register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-03-2016, 11:31 PM
Must be the night for it, I've lost a post as well.

I like the Santa Fe as well. I am like you in that I go for older cars with low mileage that will fit everything in that I need, dogs, bales of shavings, sacks of carrots, used to be camping stuff as well for Shows, but no longer go to them. Last few cars have all run on lpg, at 46p a litre it works out a lot cheaper, even though petrol is now down to 99p a litre. It starts using petrol and once a month I run it for a week on petrol to keep it all lubricated etc.
I used to have a Toyota Lucida which was great, girls went in the middle with the middle row of seats turned back, so they lay on seats facing each other, massive moon roof for them to stick their heads out, and the back bit for the camping stuff. If I had puppies to go to the vet, the whole of the back used to drop down and loads of room for mum and babies. That ran on diesel and was getting dearer and dearer to run, then the automatic gearbox gave up and I got a Honda CRV which was lpg which I loved, but not big enough for the girls
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2016, 11:31 PM
I have been in a defender that rolled...that was a fun afternoon!!! I used to earn my living working on land rovers...my fave was the defender as it was "proper" and not poncy lol. We don't buy new, like you we like the teething problems to be out of the way...my brother has just spent 27k on a brand new car, mum asked was he happy with it and he went..errrrr I suppose, not exactly chuffed to bits then lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2016, 11:34 PM
TW, does your road tax get cheaper if your car is LPG?? He is wanting LPG but if it isn't already done it will be getting done, am just curious due to the emissions being better if the tax is lower
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-03-2016, 11:54 PM
My favourite vehicle is the David Brown 660 Selectamatic - but you do get strange looks chugging along through a city centre on an old tractor. In fairness though, you'd have to try really hard to turn one of them beggars over. Runs for ever on a tank of red diesel and has a magnificent top speed of 30 mph (that's downhill with a following wind). We used to avoid road tax by putting half a dozen eggs in the toolbox, so if you were stopped off your land you could swear blind you were on farm business - delivering! lol !
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2016, 12:01 AM
Haha LG!!! Will look that up tomorrow.
Well folks, will sign of before I fall asleep again...just got a thing called in the line of duty on bbc2 it is quite good...there I a new series of it coming apparently
That new Julian fellow thing starts tomorrow night at 9 on itv...Dr thorne
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2016, 12:07 AM
Well....I answered your post Griff, and it never appeared
Sooooo...tax is only about a tenner cheaper, I put £25 worth of petrol in it every month because I always run it for a week on petrol to keep everything working right, it starts on petrol then automatically switches over to lpg. This ones a 4 litre, dead old, Y reg, but only done about 86k even now. Leather seats, electric everything, air con not working, could have it re-gassed but costs more in fuel and you can always open a window. Absolutely massive, fits everything in with the seats down, dogs, bales of shavings, sacks of carrots. I like the Santa Fe as well LG, nice cars.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-03-2016, 12:14 AM
Seems to be the night of the disappeaing posts - oh well - you win some etc.
Off to bed for me, so goodnight everyone and sweet dreams, see you all tomorrow. G.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5