View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2015, 05:12 PM
Lynn - Really glad Dillon behaved so well for you bit of luck he should soon be back on top form.
Ref: The warmest Christmas etc, noticed just today that there are loads of newly grown dandelions all over the place, between 4 and 6 inches high, take it they have appeared because there has been no frost for ages and the weather although very wet has been unseasonally mild.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2015, 06:41 PM
I definitely think LG has hit the problem re cats and fleas. We get a lot of cats in the garden. Tried to move them on but they seem to like our garden. I'm thinking I might have to start taking him out the front for his first and last wee of the day for a bit and see if that helps. B...day things. Lots to watch this evening so probably won't be back till much later. So ttfn. thanks everyone.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-12-2015, 06:45 PM
Little side note for those of you who may wonder what happened to the lurcher bitch I got involved with up in N.Yorks. Had phone call about 15 mins ago, from my friend up there who was acting on my behalf, she has now been vaccinated and speyed and last friday went to live with a retired couple from Barnard Castle. She has gone to be a friend for their older whippet bitch and landed there last friday. He had an e-mail this afternoon from them to say that they have now taken to sleeping in the same bed and not a cross word between them. This is good news as apparently on her arrival they both completely ignored each other for the first 24 hours.
Now it seems as if they have been together forever. If I did nothing of worth this year apart from getting involved with this little girl - then it is truly enough for me. I am absolutely delighted - when you think of some of the ghastly people who could have got their hands on her - it doesn't bear thinking about. Job done.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Thats a lovely Christmas present for her, a happy home where she is loved and cared for. Its often the case when you introduce another dog into the mix, especially a mature one, ignore each other, or my girls do handbags and then ignore, eventually they deign to speak to them.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2015, 06:57 PM
well done LG...lovely that she has a loving new home
I think dillons vet bill was £37.50
Sue...apparently according to my parents the gingerbread is lovely, it doesn't seem to matter that i used the wrong sugar or baking powder Lol
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2015, 07:11 PM
I think its nice you did them, they must taste fine if they are eating them, so stop putting yourself down
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2015, 07:26 PM
TW, i am no masterchef Lol....i am useless with cooking generally. I can make pasta and a curry but i couldn't do a roast, i can't seem to get stuff ready at the same time Lol..mind you my mum does the cooking so i don't need to Lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2015, 07:29 PM
That's lovely news LG. My dad was stationed at Barnard castle for a while during the war. A few years back Gorden and I were up in Yorkshire he was doing some work there and I went for a wander round Barnard Castle now at this point I didn't know my dad had been stationed there.
I walked past a second hand book shop and saw a book about Dunkirk my dad was there a rear gunner and nearly never made it off the beaches when the evacuation took place. I bought the book knowing Gorden, mum and my eldest brother would be very interested in it.
It was when I got home and told mum about the book that she told me dad had been stationed there for a while.

Dillon's bill was £41.10.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Still enough pennies left to buy the turkey
Hoping Dillons more comfortable now and not trying to eat himself
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2015, 08:16 PM
He seems a lot better thank you June. Laying like a horse on his side sleeping.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >