register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-06-2014, 05:58 PM
I took a couple of my puppies back and rehomed them, so gradually got in the way of having 3, so walked 2 together then one on their own, and swapped them about so every 3rd day they had their own walk with me. Sooooo then I kept Mabs and did the same, and wanted to keep Keshi from Cariad's last litter and I thought well I'm doing 2 walks anyway, so may as well take another one with me!!!
I have stopped now though, otherwise my whole day would be spend out walking girlies, and my back won't take anymore
Lady B
New Member!
Female 

06-06-2014, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Must NOT follow this line of thinking
Well thanks to Tawneywolf, we did just that - went for one and left with two, but they are just wonderful, so different, both in looks and temperament and we run our lives round them. Never done that with dogs before - one of the joys of retirement. Hooray!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-06-2014, 09:14 AM
I was initially only having Cariad because I still had Tawney, I knew her time with me was not for much longer and the plan was for me to get another one when Tawney had gone. Sadly Tawney had her final stroke just days before I was due to collect Cariad. I phoned Lyn her breeder absolutely heartbroken and she said did I want to leave it a couple of weeks, I said no, because I still to this day cannot imagine my life without one of these dogs. During the week we had several conversations, and she offered me Lona. She wanted to keep Lona but her OH put his foot down, and that is how Lona came to me, and that - indirectly - is how Mabs came into the world, and Lady B got her girls. Also that is how the reign of The Norties began
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2014, 10:45 AM
As i'm a tomboy everyone thinks larger dogs suit me and that's what i prefer.
After i lost Millie in march i was looking at Border/Rough Collies, Greyhounds, English cockers, golden retreivers.

I then settled on gettng a Greyhound so went to the Greyhound trust and ended up with a Saluki x Collie haha - i wanted a nice lazy dog so i have a mix of two very active breeds, thankfully she will make me walk her (destruction) which i love as it gets me out of the house (i'm quite lazy) and she gets at least a 40 min walk and 30 mins fetch at 7 months.

I would love to have a Newfoundland, Bernese mountain dog, Flat coat retriever and Irish wolfhound at some point - it's just their life expectancy that put me off, i will only have dogs if i can expect a decade out of them as i can get a better bond.
This is why i wanted a Greyhound; large dogs with great life expectancy
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5