View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Thanks for posting that link Lynn but it really does not describe the situation. I am actually rather surprised the BBC said anything as they are not what you would call exactly our friends.

Everyone - thank you for caring but please do not worry. It has been far worse here in the past and will no doubt get far worse now, but I chose to come and live here and I am not going to run away. It just gets a bit scary at times and yes it frightens me - a bit - OK, more than a bit. But זה יהיה בסדר

It will be OK.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 06:51 PM
Malka glad you are safe at present, look after yourself
I would love a few Maltesers please
Poor Dave not only does he have to endure the pain and indignity of falling from his ladder he has to put up with you too
June, Lets hope that system works in your favour and that you get the appointment.
I made a birthday sponge for Kyla today and dropped it getting it out the tin
Then I made a fruit cake, dunno what I did but the outside is burnt and the inside gooey
Pfft fed up and given up now.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-03-2014, 06:55 PM
I want cake.

Angonnaminnim, I do not like cake.

I want choklit.

Angonnaminnim, I do not like choklit.

I want icecream.

And I like icecream.

But I do not have any.

Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 06:56 PM
Awww NIPPY JEN Baking disasters today Its alright,won't be long now till you go to the Nursing home,plenty of peeps there to help you with all that stuff
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Hope things are quieter Malka.
Oh no Jenny my birthday sponge has come out perfick. I am very pleased with it. You can't be perfick all the time maybe try again tomorrow ?
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Evening all, and just a quickie before Corrie starts.

H - your poor Dave Talk about adding insult to injury with you laughing at him Seriously though, I do hope that he is okay and that there are no repercussions in the morning.

Eileen, thank goodness that you sorted out that nail before it became really painful - now we just need to get TW an appointment pdq for those ribs.

Nippy, at least you make the effort with cakes, and the odd disaster is only to be expected. I never ever have cake disasters, but then I never make cakes Oh, that's not true actually because I do make a Christmas cake - and this year it went wrong Lynn, at least YOUR cake turned out well, and by the sound of things there will be no fog tomorrow to contend with.

Gg, did you leave any maltesers?

Gordon, I do hope that the Memsahib is not cross that you are lingering with the loonies............maybe she is just simmering because you left a ring around the bath, or crumbs all over the work surfaces?

I had a nightmare journey in the fog to the dentist this morning - it's normally only a twenty minute trip but it took well over twice that time because I couldn't see a blinking thing. My purse is very much lighter for my troubles - but all is well and after the attentions of the hygienist my teeth are sparkling. Not that they weren't before actually
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Hi wee SALLY or big SALLY I picture you small
Happy to hear you're safe and sound and the pearly white's are looking good
I bought 60 hangers today,determined to use them all before I go to bed I'm on hanger 14 at the mo
Youngest is playing her guitar in the other room,its so lovely.She really is brilliant
Oldest has gone to bed,exhausted from the early starts and late homecomings Hubby is under his quilt too,he's coughing,sneezing and feeling poorlie
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 07:52 PM
Evening all,

I've just popped in the check that there have been no disasters .... delighted to see that apparently there hasn't although June I'm sorry you had no luck getting the doctors to even answer your phone call.

It has been a beautiful afternoon here and I kept seeing neighbours sitting down by the river in T-shirts .... I've felt blooming freezing all day and am now sitting all wrapped up with a hot water bottle on my lap dosed up with aspirin and plan to go to bed early ..... well once the dogs have been out for their final pee (11 ish). I am assuming I will feel fine come the morning as I have lots of things planned.

Gellygoo I've heard lots of people who have lost masses of weight on that 5-2 diet. Well done. I'm dieting and have lost nearly 3kgs in just over 2 weeks but I am eating plenty but just being very very strict with myself. I do have a cheat day on Sundays and can't wait for it to come round
Malka Stay safe!!

Hi and bye to everyone ..... I'm going to leave the building now and take my germs with me See you all tomorrow.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Hello Eileen and Jenny - and night night Jenny! How rotten that you are feeling under the weather, and maybe you will fight those nasty germs off overnight. I hope so anyway.

Eileen, what on earth are you doing with all those hangers Your household sounds all cosy comfy tonight, but what a shame that OH is suffering just in time for the weekend. That will be you playing nursey for a few days then
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2014, 08:13 PM
I'm ironing the shirts and other items of clothing that were hiding in the garage SALLY Not sure where I'm going to hang them though Way to much stuff in wardrobes in this house...roll on summer,tee shirts and shorts take up way less space
I took Conor up a lemsip,he said he'd text if he needs anything
Page 5 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »