View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Aries Spirit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-01-2014, 10:30 AM
I will be doing that and a few other questions. Hubby is happier that i over rode his wishes and had hope for him

Its 3:16am and though hes asleep, hes beenup and down. Dont blame him, e collars arnt fun, kinda reminds me of human collars but higher on the face

To whom ever did that with the pics thank you

And i put some neosporan on his face, but he licks it off. I dont wanna wake him now and put some on. I will wait till morning when hubby gets home.

Aries has blood on the side of his face, i try to keep up on the wiping, but thats the side he sleeps on. So when he looked at me, i got a good view of his face.

PUFFY isnt the best description, there is a big pocket of fluids on the inner part of the ear. And it looks like sone fluid is filling the side with the hole in the neck, making like a nice long pocket of fluid.

He is right now trying to roll on his back, i am mot going to stop him, because hes asleep and hes breathing. When i am done, i am going to lay down and my hand under his chest, where i can feel the heart beat.

I hope the doc would tell me its ok with the "warm salt bath" right? And other things you allentioned that i dont have an answer for

I wouldnt wish this on anyone.

I am trying not to shake and show any sadness and it would hinder their healing process. I may be wrong about it but when i was in the hospital sick and people wabted to call in sick to help me. I don t want himto loose his puppy freedom, sleeping or other wise. Unless hes itxhing then he keeps that collar on till the doc says ok.

She even mentioned that after this is over ge can resume his activites. Been teying to have him howl, i heard it a few times, but never seen it. Thanks for tje well wishes and i do apologize if i hurt someone in anyway shape or form, not my intention, i guess when we have a flustered moments like that we are one tracked mind.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2014, 10:46 AM
WUM - because if you are not where did the "holes" in his neck and ears come from?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2014, 11:00 AM
You are being a great mum to Aries.things got a wee bit muddled but it's all straightened out now.Understandably you were panicking and some mis- understood is all.Sorry for all that.
When I seen the pics,I was gutted for the wee dog but after reading up on the condition,I felt so relieved.This can and will be sorted and you're doing everything you can to ensure that it does.All the symptoms are there for Puppy Strangles,it can be cured and that in itself is brilliant news
E-collars are a pain( mine had to wear one for 3 weeks) but they are a God-send.
Please give Aries a hug for me.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2014, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
WUM - because if you are not where did the "holes" in his neck and ears come from?
MALKA the dog has been diagnosed with Puppy Strangles.The wounds you see and the draining of them is all part of the condition.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Yes I know, but mites and blood blisters on an eye are not signs of "Puppy Strangle" and why did the OP not mention or post photos of blood before?

One minute it is mites, then it is a blood blister on an eye, and now

And i put some neosporan on his face, but he licks it off. I dont wanna wake him now and put some on. I will wait till morning when hubby gets home.

Aries has blood on the side of his face, i try to keep up on the wiping, but thats the side he sleeps on. So when he looked at me, i got a good view of his face.

PUFFY isnt the best description, there is a big pocket of fluids on the inner part of the ear. And it looks like sone fluid is filling the side with the hole in the neck, making like a nice long pocket of fluid.
Apart from anything else, how can a three month old puppy lick off ointment on his face?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Yes I know, but mites and blood blisters on an eye are not signs of "Puppy Strangle" and why did the OP not mention or post photos of blood before?

One minute it is mites, then it is a blood blister on an eye, and now

Apart from anything else, how can a three month old puppy lick off ointment on his face?
#32 I presume the vet did the relevant tests and has discovered the puppy has this condition.The earlier thoughts that it could be mange were obviously wrong.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2014, 12:17 PM
**The photo and video can be seen on Chrome as there is a little blue square above the links. Right click on it and then left click on "Open image in new tab".

Dawn - I have zoomed in on that red lump and it looks like like a blood filled blister to me.

May I ask what sort of service dog you want him for?
Like a haematoma?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2014, 12:24 PM
Malka, the dog has been diagnosed with puppy strangles, which explains the hair loss, blisters, and the swollen neck she claimed he had. The holes were put in his neck by the vet to drain.

Puppy strangles looks a LOT like mange with the hair loss etc. that it causes. It wasn't mange after all... it was puppy strangles. The dog has worsened because the original thoughts were incorrect.

Golden Retrievers have a high incidence of puppy strangles, as Lacey said and an original misdiagnosis has lead to the deterioration of the puppy.

The dog can lick the ointment off his face because the ointment is on his chops, which are right near his mouth. His lips are covered in blisters, in case you didn't see the photo... so that's pretty easy to understand, right?

She wants help with keeping his wounds clean, that's all. She's doing the best that she can. I truly hope that you are not insinuating that she put the holes there herself?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Malka, the dog has been diagnosed with puppy strangles, which explains the hair loss, blisters, and the swollen neck she claimed he had. The holes were put in his neck by the vet to drain.

Puppy strangles looks a LOT like mange with the hair loss etc. that it causes. It wasn't mange after all... it was puppy strangles. The dog has worsened because the original thoughts were incorrect.

Golden Retrievers have a high incidence of puppy strangles, as Lacey said and an original misdiagnosis has lead to the deterioration of the puppy.

The dog can lick the ointment off his face because the ointment is on his chops, which are right near his mouth. His lips are covered in blisters, in case you didn't see the photo... so that's pretty easy to understand, right?

She wants help with keeping his wounds clean, that's all. She's doing the best that she can. I truly hope that you are not insinuating that she put the holes there herself?
Oh Myra hang on,I didn't say high incidence.Its actually a relatively rare condition,Golden Retreivers are just one of the breeds that are shown to be predeposed to it.just wanted to clear that point,agree with everything else you say.
Purely on reading up about the condition,the blister type lump around the eye is typical and is referred to with few different names,one being a Pustule.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Oh Myra hang on,I didn't say high incidence.Its actually a relatively rare condition,Golden Retreivers are just one of the breeds that are shown to be predeposed to it.just wanted to clear that point,agree with everything else you say.
Purely on reading up about the condition,the blister type lump around the eye is typical and is referred to with few different names,one being a Pustule.
Hello, what I meant was that Golden Retrievers are one of the breeds that get this more often than other breeds. Same as German Shepherds get degenerative myelopathy more than most other breeds.

I didn't mean they get the disease a lot. I have seen many Golden Retrievers and I haven't heard of this disease before now, I just took some time to do a bit of reading on it, much like you did.

When you look at photos on the web of this disease, you see a lot of Golden Retrievers and Labradors. Sorry for the mix up, Lacey.

Edit: I found the diseases name to be very odd, until I thought about it. I'm like "puppy strangles"? What in the world? But it makes sense to call it that because their necks usually swell up really badly
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »