View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 07:17 AM
The thing to hold on to is between these seizures she has quality of life with you and that is what you have to hold on to. If only the seizures would ease up a bit so she can have her blood tests done. Try and rest as much as you both can now until the next time. It is only the tremendous love that you both share that does see you both through it. Take care and lots of hugs to you both from Amber and me.
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 07:21 AM
Oh Malka, I have only just read the whole thread as been struggling with mine as well... just so glad that Pereg has a reprieve.. Just hope no big seizures for a while. I know it is hard for you to cope with them but rather that than the other alternative I know you can and will cope with them as long as Pereg will be ok after.. big hugs and sending you strength too. xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

30-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Aw Malka I have just seen this (been a bit upset myself with one of my parrots not being well) so I apologise.

Glad to hear Pereg has a reprieve. It must be so difficult though for you, especially with his loss of bladder and poo control. I suppose I must feel fortunate in that my Loki has only ever wet once - when she was taking all the fits (39 in two days). I do feel for you.

I hope that Pereg is fit free for a long time now. You both deserve a break. You do wonderfully well coping with him.

Big hugs to you and cuddles to Pereg. xx
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Lovely she is back to being herself again.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Rose - Pereg is a girl like your Loki is! Strange as it might sound her losing bowel control [and the occasions when she expresses her anal glands] are something I can cope with Well sort of. But when the bed is soaked - see I do not have a bathtub so have to chuck everything in the shower room and then in the washing machine.

And more than a few times I have just given up and tried to go back to sleep in a sodden bed, because I cannot cope with stripping the bed and putting clean linen on.

It is not Pereg's fault. It is not my fault. She just happens to be as she is and I love her desperately and feel so bad that I had gotten to the state where I wanted Ram to euthanise her. But he will not. Only if he considers it is the best thing for her. And he is way off that decision. Because I think he loves her as much as I do.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

30-10-2013, 11:01 AM
I'm just happy to see you back on an even keel Malka. I'd struggle to cope with half of what you're doing and yes I know we'd do it for the love of our dogs but it must become extremely wearing when it seems to be almost constant and with no light at the end of the tunnel. If only Pereg could have a longish spell again with no seizures it'd give you time to catch your breath a bit. Fingers crossed for a bit of respite x.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

30-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Time wrong as I have not worked how to change it.on my new camera...

Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

30-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Aw Malka my apologies for referring to Pereg as a male! She is a lovely lass and that is a beautiful photo of her, bless.

It really must be difficult for you. Have you tried one of those sheets that you use - perhaps one for a cot - that could stop the wet from seeping thru?

I hope Pereg will be fit free for a long time now. It is a curse on our dogs and I know what you must go thru'.

Big cuddles to Pereg from me and doggy ones from Loki. Hope you manage to get a rest.

Hugs to you xx
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2013, 12:03 PM
Lovely photo of Pereg and looking at the camera too . Hope you and Pereg are feeling brighter today
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-10-2013, 01:44 PM
She's looking like nothing has happened, amazing how she pulls round so quickly, pity it isn't the same for you, the repercussions go on for days.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >