Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Thinking of you both and praying things settle down for you tonight x
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

08-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Hope you and Pereg had a good all night restful sleep, Malka.

Thinking of you both.

Hugs xx
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-09-2013, 08:06 AM
I don't post much but do read to see how things are going and I am sending Reiki. It is hard when you have a dog with seizures and you need to take care of yourself so you can take care of her.

Is there a photo of her please?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-09-2013, 08:09 AM
More tantrums and nagging from Pereg later in the evening but I managed - just - not to either give in or lose my temper with her. It was not her fault because that is not really her when she has these horrid seizures.

We finally got to bed around half past midnight and even though she got me up twice during the night she did let me have another couple of hours sleep after the alarm clock went for her 7am Pb.

Is it over? As she has now passed the 24 hour mark without another seizure it should be - and I really hope it is so some sort of normality can return to our lives.

Rose - I am so glad you and Loki had a good night! xx

Jen - I did not know that Scooby also has seizures and am very sorry to hear that. Has he been having them for a long time? It must have been terrible for you what with having to be up every couple of hours with the horse and then poor Scooby. (((hugs)))

I am now keeping my fingers crossed that Linda's Loki does not decide to join in.

Many thanks to everyone for listening and for your good wishes for Pereg. Believe me, just knowing that you are all around really does help me cope, so I am very grateful to you all.

xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

08-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Aw Malka that is good news and I hope Pereg has no more for a very long time.

I also hope that you can find some quiet time for yourself, although I know that is hard to get.

Thinking of you and Pereg.

Hugs and luvs to you both from me and Loki xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

08-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Rose - I just wish I knew what triggered the seizures. Everything but everything is noted in my online diaries [I keep two identical ones in case one site goes down], including what she has to eat each day, and there is absolutely no connection between anything that I can find and Pereg's seizures. No particular time of day either although they are mostly either during the night when she is sleeping or during the day when she is dozing, but then there are times like on Friday afternoon when she was walking in the little hallway from the salon to the kitchen when she just crashed down.

She has also just crashed down following a long psychomotor seizure but then again she has had other very long psychomotor ones which have not ended in a GM.

My diaries are filled in every single day - I fill one in then copy and paste to the other one, and even if there is nothing to note regarding her behaviour and it is only the food she has eaten, it is still noted down. If there is something different that happens during the day I go straight to the diaries and note it down to make sure I do not forget.

And in 2½ years nothing has pointed to any possible trigger.

Thanks for the luv and hugs from you and Loki - Pereg and I send loads back to you! xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Malka I am really sorry to be reading that dear Pereg has had another seizure.

You are both in my thoughts and I hope today things are better and that was the last for a very very long time.
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post

Jen - I did not know that Scooby also has seizures and am very sorry to hear that. Has he been having them for a long time? It must have been terrible for you what with having to be up every couple of hours with the horse and then poor Scooby. (((hugs)))
He has had them on and off for a year or so. The vets think it might be a brain tumour as there is no other obvious reason. I will not put him through an MRI to confirm so we live with it. He can go several weeks with nothing then they will start up again. They are worse with stress or changes to routine.

He seems ok now thankfully.

I hope you are rested and Pereg sleeps soundly tonight (((hugs)))
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

09-09-2013, 07:47 AM
Hope you and Pereg got a good night sleep and Pereg is back to normal today.

Still thinking of you both.

Hugs from me and Loki xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

09-09-2013, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrekin View Post
He has had them on and off for a year or so. The vets think it might be a brain tumour as there is no other obvious reason. I will not put him through an MRI to confirm so we live with it. He can go several weeks with nothing then they will start up again. They are worse with stress or changes to routine.

He seems ok now thankfully.

I hope you are rested and Pereg sleeps soundly tonight (((hugs)))
Jen, at Scooby's age if they only started a year or so ago your vets are probably right, and if both he and you can cope then why try to find the cause when even if it is a brain tumour I am sure you would not put him through such risky surgery. Just love and enjoy him as he is, as I love and enjoy Pereg. (((hugs)))

Thankfully she seems to have gotten over this last episode, and hopefully she will go a bit longer before the next.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >