register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Am on my new laptop now, have downloaded firefox and yahoo, and put my games on now, because like you said there is nothing on telly, was hoping that Youngest Son would make it over to put Office and Breeders Assistant on for me, but not a word from either of them today
Never mind had a lovely day here, totally stress free, babies beginning to get more interested in food, Sasha still a bit of a worry, but we are getting there. I tried putting her in the crate with her dish, but she starts getting upset, put her in the kitchen with her dish and she lets the others pinch it I ended up holding 3 eager babies back whilst she delicately, carefully and v e r y s l o w l y ate her chicken breast tonight, I had cut it into small pieces to make it easier, but still took her ages, meanwhile I had Che in a headlock, Ash more or less on top of my head, and Isis in a half nelson She is definitely lighter than the other 2, you can feel the difference when I pick her up
Sorry to hear about Dave's tax bill, it annoys me that we have got these huge multi national companies paying peanuts in taxes yet your average working bloke doesn't have the luxury of loopholes and has to cough up otherwise they'll be down on him like a ton of bricks. Hope he sorts it Helena, because walking the streets at this time of year, in the wet, is no good, and no Nanny Nap either
Glad your father is finding his way back to you Sally, you must have been frantic, and really sorry to hear about your sister in law Nippy, hope he gets his head around making a few more phone calls to her very soon
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2013, 10:29 PM
I have a lovely image of you there TW with those frantic puppies trying to get at Sasha's food; you needed three hands She is being difficult isn't she, but I have every confidence that you will get her through this

Am watching the food and exercise thing, which is positively disgusting in places - they are basically slating gyms (I agree with them there) and a great many foods. So far the message is: don't over exercise; don't cut out alcohol; don't take diet pills or laxatives, and just eat healthily. I thought that was common sense
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-01-2013, 10:52 PM
I'm watching Robin Hood on 5.
Well, if it hadn't had been me in the middle of what's just happened I would have been hysterical laughing.
There was all this frantic woo'ing and calling going on, so thought OMG one of them has somehow got themselves in trouble, they had got through the babygate and over the barricades and were in the utility, couldn't get back though could they to make things worse I suspect their mother was on the other side of the back door egging them on.
Got them over the other side and shut the gate, next minute they are in again, put a piece of puppy playpen behind the babygate, Che started climbing that like a ruddy stepladder I had one of my partitions pieces from the puppy palace along the wall in the utility, so am frantically trying to put that against the babygate, with 4 puppies trying to get in before I could cut off their escape route, it was very big and very cumbersome and kept getting stuff caught up in it as I dragged, pushed, pulled it to get it into position without it guillotining a baby. Managed to get it there in the end, then I realised that in the utility are all the old newspapers the neighbours give me, and I need them to change the puppy pads as I put thick pads of newspaper underneath, have now got to go through it all again, without the babies noticing what I am doing........
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2013, 10:53 PM
No tv programmes here - watching Joe Bonamassa. He won first place live act on Planet Rock.

Fantastic guitar.

Wish we'd watched it last night now.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Nippy, I am so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law It is good that your OH finally got the courage to speak to her.

Helena - great news about another van booking Lets hope they keep coming

I'm off for an early night soon. Hot bath, hot choc and then bed.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2013, 11:44 PM
Just popped in before bed and am in stitches at the expense of you TW I am so sorry, but every day your tribulations with those pups get worse!!!

Nightie night!!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2013, 12:04 AM
I am psyching myself up to somehow get back into the utility with the babies following me about like they are attached to me by string. This is because it is suppertime of course, I am trying to work out a plan of action so as to lessen what I am about to go through. Che and Ash have now found their bark, so I'm getting these little demanding barks and woo's wanting to know where supper is, because it is late and they are only likkle (yeah likkle monsters )
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2013, 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I am psyching myself up to somehow get back into the utility with the babies following me about like they are attached to me by string. This is because it is suppertime of course, I am trying to work out a plan of action so as to lessen what I am about to go through. Che and Ash have now found their bark, so I'm getting these little demanding barks and woo's wanting to know where supper is, because it is late and they are only likkle (yeah likkle monsters )
So reminds me of Siamese kittens, They used to have it all worked out. "When she opens the door, scatter! She cannot chase all of us....." and boy, can wee Siamese run....and leap and race up curtains..
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Went into the kitchen and did the brekkies, by then all babies sat round watching, then I gave them their supper on the opposite side of the kitchen, sprinted for the utility, moved the partition back where it came from and wedged the top of a picnic table behind the baby gate, behind that I put a folded up medium crate, then the piece of puppy playpen, then the boards keeping everything where I wanted it. Cleared paper and puppy pads and put fresh down, then observed them, and try as they might they could not get through - RESULT
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5