View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Glad you've finally arrived and are safe there grandma. Hi to Debbie and everyone else I've not said hello to yet, and ooops to you Linda

Well, my new dehumidifier arrived lunchtime, which is really for the van to dry that out,. but then I thought I'd try it here at home and see if it cures the condensation on the windows in the mornings, so for once, I actually read the whole leaflet, understood it, and switched it on.

It was running ever so quietly in the corner of the lounge for all of 48 mins and then it's just stopped I checked the water and there's hardly a drop in it, but about 1/2 inch at the bottom, so it can't be that, that's made it stop Referred to leaflet again, and when it gets too hot it will stop, same as when the water container is full and some other reasons, but, it only feels warm not hot, and apparently you can leave these things running 24/7, so why? I'm gonna have to ring them now if it doesn't work when I switched it off for 30 mins (that's what it told me to do in the book) *sighs* and there I was, all excited about this new gadget which could cure all this water along the bottom of the windows and patio doors, and save on heating bills (alledgedly and it's cheap to run - alledgedly) but now I've gotta sit here and wait another 15 mins just to see if it's still working Why does nothing work properly anymore It wasn't cheap, it was mediocre for one of these things, over £100! Grrr, now I'm getting mad with it
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Glad you've finally arrived and are safe there grandma. Hi to Debbie and everyone else I've not said hello to yet, and ooops to you Linda

Well, my new dehumidifier arrived lunchtime, which is really for the van to dry that out,. but then I thought I'd try it here at home and see if it cures the condensation on the windows in the mornings, so for once, I actually read the whole leaflet, understood it, and switched it on.

It was running ever so quietly in the corner of the lounge for all of 48 mins and then it's just stopped I checked the water and there's hardly a drop in it, but about 1/2 inch at the bottom, so it can't be that, that's made it stop Referred to leaflet again, and when it gets too hot it will stop, same as when the water container is full and some other reasons, but, it only feels warm not hot, and apparently you can leave these things running 24/7, so why? I'm gonna have to ring them now if it doesn't work when I switched it off for 30 mins (that's what it told me to do in the book) *sighs* and there I was, all excited about this new gadget which could cure all this water along the bottom of the windows and patio doors, and save on heating bills (alledgedly and it's cheap to run - alledgedly) but now I've gotta sit here and wait another 15 mins just to see if it's still working Why does nothing work properly anymore It wasn't cheap, it was mediocre for one of these things, over £100! Grrr, now I'm getting mad with it
Oh H how annoying!! I hate how noting works anymore seems like everything you buy has to be returned for a new one!!! SO frustrating, lets hope it is just a beginning blip and it will soon get into the swing of things!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 05:05 PM

The one I've got is c**p too.
I couldn't clear all the condensation before I bought the "Window Vax" I was telling you about. Absolute magic
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 05:07 PM
I know Debbie, it's so frustrating nowadays with new appliances.....BUT, I've got a result! I rang their customer service hotline, and although he was an Indian and I could hardly understand what he was saying, I listened very carefully, did what he told me and voila, it's now back working again, drying all the air. They get 10 out of 10 from me for their customer services, coz he went rambling on to me about how to use it properly for my condensation problems. I know what he was probably thinking though on the other end of that phone as in "woman" "old one at that" "bound to be cockpit error here", he was right of course, it had dried all my air and switched itself off, and on that same setting no matter how long I turned it off for it still wouldn't have come on, I had to turn it up higher, much, much higher!

Oh, I've got this little baby well sussed now thanks to him
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
The one I've got is c**p too.
I couldn't clear all the condensation before I bought the "Window Vax" I was telling you about. Absolute magic
What is this window vax you speak of oh wise one???? Show me a pic or point me in the right direction of one please Jen!
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 05:11 PM
What is this window vax you speak of oh wise one???? Show me a pic or point me in the right direction of one please Jen!
Just stand Zena in front of the window and get her to clear them with her tail
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Does it tell you the humidity in the house Helen?

I'm still thinking about getting one but I don't want it to be noisy or expensive to run. And I don't want the air so dry that my face wrinkles up.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Just stand Zena in front of the window and get her to clear them with her tail
Lol! That was Dave's answer when I mentioned these to him when Jenny first put her thread up His actual words afterwards were, "an expensive piece of worthless rubbish", but if you're happy with yours Jen, I'm going to Google to investigate.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Does it tell you the humidity in the house Helen?

I'm still thinking about getting one but I don't want it to be noisy or expensive to run. And I don't want the air so dry that my face wrinkles up.
No it doesn't Linda .....reaches over for explanatory leaflet just to double check that bit.......but I can get one of those thingies you have that plugs in to tell me maybe?

You would love this one, it's so quiet, it sounds like a very quiet fan heater (maybe that's what it is but one that sucks instead of blows, and no we won't go there ).

It's small and dinky too, not like our huge air con unit which is now sat sitting in the conservatory having not been used this year at all. I hope this thing doesn't go the same way, but if it carries on like it did earlier, it'll be going back!

If Dave comes home next week with some vouchers for the local beauty salon, then I'll know to tell you it has given my face the pruned look!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Lol
Wouldn't be without mine now;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Karcher-Cord...3518215&sr=8-1
Page 5 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »