Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2012, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
I have everything crossed for Dillon that it is something simple and easily sorted.
Thank you Gerri. How is Taz today ?
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-03-2012, 03:59 PM
Oh Lynn i am so sorry to hear about your Dillon, my thought are with you

We went through a similar thing with Megan my newfy, she was zooming around and fell off the deck, she was only six months the vets said it was her cruciate, after a second opinion on the second opinion, no-one could be 100% on a tear or a strain, so my O/H didn't want the vets to operate,

But after a lot of bed rest {which i know is not easy at this age} and time spent behind a baby gate because of playing with the others, several courses of Rymadil and no off lead activities. It all took about 3/4months before she was completely over it. she has now made a full recovery and is making up for lost time zooming about being quite silly at times. she recently had a check up and had the leg scanned and the vets admit to her making a full recovery,

I do wish Dillon a speedy recovery
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by musky View Post
Oh Lynn i am so sorry to hear about your Dillon, my thought are with you

We went through a similar thing with Megan my newfy, she was zooming around and fell off the deck, she was only six months the vets said it was her cruciate, after a second opinion on the second opinion, no-one could be 100% on a tear or a strain, so my O/H didn't want the vets to operate,

But after a lot of bed rest {which i know is not easy at this age} and time spent behind a baby gate because of playing with the others, several courses of Rymadil and no off lead activities. It all took about 3/4months before she was completely over it. she has now made a full recovery and is making up for lost time zooming about being quite silly at times. she recently had a check up and had the leg scanned and the vets admit to her making a full recovery,

I do wish Dillon a speedy recovery
I think I remember that incident.

Glad to hear Megan is doing so well now I hope is that simple for Dillon. Not looking forward to the total rest whatever the outcome.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2012, 07:05 PM
Oh, poor Dillion I really hope it is nothing serious, and not his cruciate.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Oh, poor Dillion I really hope it is nothing serious, and not his cruciate.
Thank you Lozzi.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I am interested to hear your thoughts especially those that have had cruciate problems with their dogs and did this happen to you ?
Hello Lynn, sorry I didn't see this yesterday and I feel for you, the last thing you want is to find that Dillon has serious problems with that leg. Newfoundlands are said to be prone to these problems as well but so far, God willing, our two have not suffered so I can't really give you any thoughts. I hope you can get it sorted quicklly and will be watching this thread for updates.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-04-2012, 05:49 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Hello Lynn, sorry I didn't see this yesterday and I feel for you, the last thing you want is to find that Dillon has serious problems with that leg. Newfoundlands are said to be prone to these problems as well but so far, God willing, our two have not suffered so I can't really give you any thoughts. I hope you can get it sorted quicklly and will be watching this thread for updates.
Thank you Harvey.

This morning he seems lot better. I had Thursday evening and Friday evening given him the Rymadil at 7pm. We had noticed Friday afternoon him becoming a little uncomfortable on the leg so decided Saturday to give it at 3pm so it it was wearing off while he was sleeping. 151/2 hours and he seems almost back to normal on the leg this morning. I do suppose they build up in the system though. He has had a total of 250 mg since Thursday evening.

We are wondering if it is the back paw same leg that could be one of or the cause as he seems to twist that knee very very slighly when walking another one to mention at the RVC. I had only noticed it about 6 weeks ago not obvious when very small and when first brought home seems to be becoming obvious with maturity. Vet says congenital could of been caught up on something when in the uterus. I wouldn't be surprised if she has mentioned it on the notes to the RVC.

We are going to send a picture to his breeder as with all these things sometimes as they mature things look all wrong and then change.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Poor Dylan glad he's feeling better today Fingers crossed its something easily sorted xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-04-2012, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by emma47 View Post
Poor Dylan glad he's feeling better today Fingers crossed its something easily sorted xx
Thank you Emma.
Woody
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Sorry to read about Dillon. We've had similar problems with Holly a beardie aged 4. Limp started and 1st vet thought it was her cruciate, given a week of anti-imflammatories, and on lead short walks. Went back saw different vet who said he didn't think it was her cruciate but that she seemed to be uncomfortable around her hip. Advised after 2 weeks on lead if limp was still there he'd xray. Limp seemed better but still there. Spoke to vet before xray and he examined her again and thought it could be her hock, at this point she was barely limping but I was still concerned. Anyway I bought one of those hock support things from back on track, my reasoning being that it wouldn't do any harm and she ware this in the few days before her xray and for a week or so afterwards. Anyway xray showed no problems, apart from she's cow hocked which was news to me. Vet then suspected it could well have been a severe strain. 2 weeks on the limp has disppeared and she seems much livelier. So we've got our finger crossed it doesn' come back.

Good luck

Woody
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >