View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Went to Morrisons today and got a whole load of lamb bones, including ribs and spines, for £1.30. That should do him for a while. I was disappointed they didn't have any cow's feet, though
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Ooh, let us know how he gets on I've only ever found cow feet in the halal butcher at Asda, however Morrisons do do pig trotters (these are seriously boney though). If you want solid poos, pig trotters will do it. Cain does 4-5 White powdery hard poos the day after trotters, however he tolerates bone very well. Other dogs could potentially get constipated from them.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2012, 05:01 PM
He had some spines for dinner last night, yum yum. I got him a pig's trotter from the butcher recently but forgot to ask if it was British. It probably is but I've decided to freeze it for a few weeks before giving it to him, just in case.
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=PB&J;2473435]He had some spines for dinner last night, yum yum. I got him a pig's trotter from the butcher recently but forgot to ask if it was British. It probably is but I've decided to freeze it for a few weeks before giving it to him, just in case.[/QUO

Please tell me why you freeze it. Will freezing kill all nasty's?

Thanks in advance.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 06:08 PM
It used to be recommended not to feed raw pork because of the risk of trichinosis. These days it's not an issue with British pork but because I'm not 100% sure (and I'm a worrier) I decided to freeze it for three weeks (I believe this is long enough, someone please correct me if I'm wrong) to kill off any potential nasties just in case. HTH
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-03-2012, 03:12 PM
We have differing anal problems in our house.

My 5 year old terrier's constantly leak! Stinky inky black stuff we call 'crabbies'. And to my horror our new pup is also doing a good impression of Pepe le Pew, although his 'crabbies' are invisible. However, I think his glands are now becoming blocked as he is scooting and nibbling. I'm lax to have them evacuated as once you start......
Lord knows what to do about leaky ones though.
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Leaking anal glands or blocked anal glands, I'm not sure which is worse Hope you manage to find a solution.

Originally Posted by ljru1970 View Post
I'm lax to have them evacuated as once you start......
That has crossed my mind in the past... Catch 22, I guess.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2012, 09:11 PM
So posting in this thread back when it began DOOMED me....

Feeling all smug that Tilly's glands had sorted themselves out and hadn't been into the vet since July... TODAY we were back in and she has infected glands...

argggggggggggggggg she has been having perfect poops and they weren't full BUT she has got an infection in them again. 15 days of AB's and another flush on Monday!

Moral of the story - when feeling smug - say nothing!!!
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
So posting in this thread back when it began DOOMED me....

Feeling all smug that Tilly's glands had sorted themselves out and hadn't been into the vet since July... TODAY we were back in and she has infected glands...

argggggggggggggggg she has been having perfect poops and they weren't full BUT she has got an infection in them again. 15 days of AB's and another flush on Monday!

Moral of the story - when feeling smug - say nothing!!!
Oh no, poor Tilly, that can't be nice. Despite all the problems with his glands Gelert's fortunately never had an infection. I hope I'm not tempting fate!
Dare I say it but they aren't bothering him at all at the moment...have I doomed myself by saying that?
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2012, 04:03 AM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
Oh no, poor Tilly, that can't be nice. Despite all the problems with his glands Gelert's fortunately never had an infection. I hope I'm not tempting fate!
Dare I say it but they aren't bothering him at all at the moment...have I doomed myself by saying that?
Fingers crossed you haven't!!

Infected glands are very very very stinky!! she doesn't seem at all bothered by it so that is one thing!! but she did pen and ink for a bit there!!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >