View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 08:52 PM
No... not seriously. The first time I was ever bitten by any dog (not even my own, or those at training classes I used to go to) was when I lived in London. I was walking on a narrow pavement when I had to pass a man with two collie-crosses. I moved into the road as he was taking up all the space and as I passed one of his dogs bit me HARD on the thigh. Gave me a big doughnut bruise, and a hell of a shock.

Since then I've been nipped on the nose twice by dogs in play, because I did something daft like blowing at the dog's face, but this was the first unprovoked bite I had.

The man's excuse? "I've been suffering terribly from piles and haven't been able to take them out much."
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 09:33 PM
Yes, apparently when i was younger a dog terrorised me every time i left the house. It was there constantly, i couldnt go anywhere without my dad as my mum was terrified of them.

I can remember getting bit 3 or 4 times from him, then my dad went and seen the owner ( this was when people just let their dogs out on the street to do what ever ), the owner didnt know what his dog was doing and ended up keeping him in all the time. Im sure that was worse for the dog but for some reason he just didnt like me.

But this has never put me off as i always knew that all dogs wernt the same.

Ive had a very similar experiance with cats , i still like them now but dont think i would own one. Im a dog person all the way
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2009, 10:23 PM
never been bitten and that is with 20+ years dog grooming up my sleeve!!

came close a few times but i somehow avoided it!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
When I worked at the boarding kennels I was bitten by a toy poodle, but I think that that one was because the dog was scared to be on its own, as its owners worked from home, shopped on line, and only went out if the dog could come, and then when it was five they put it in the kennels, and we had to ring the owners to come and collect it, as everytime that someone was walking out of its kennel it would start howling and then go with its teeth, but all the other times it was fine poor thing.

The only other dogs were unstable dogs that almost bit me, and they were a Polish lowland sheepdog, that the owners couldn't even get its harness off, and I was walking it, and it just turned around and went for my arm, although I got out of the way in time.

Another were a pair of labs, the bigger one was really unstable, and at one point had me pinned up agaisn't a wall, and I had to try and get that off, which wasn't very easy when the dog was at my eye level when on its back legs!! I managed to get out of that without getting bitten though.

And the last was a Rottie, who was a rescue, she had a dislike for anyone who was holding her lead, but loved everyone who wasn't, well I wasn't told this, and I was walking the dog and it sat down and put its paw out, stupidly I bent down and went to shake it, although on looking up at the dog I saw it growling and then it went for my face.

None of these things have affected my love for dogs, I just feel sorry for them, all of them must of had something go wrong at some point to make them like that.
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2009, 12:54 PM
I was bitten many times as a youngster, not the dogs fault though mine.....I walked dogs to earn pocket money, and took 2 together who hated each other....learned a lot that day...My hands are covered with dog bite scars, yet never put me off dogs....
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:13 PM
i got bitten by my friends GSD, it wasnt really her fault though. i was about to throw her ball and she jumped up, i moved and she got my arm instead, had one massive bruise.

not scared of them though, only really scared of dobermans as i got chased by one when i was younger and i dont know why i just worry a bit when i see them out (they are lovely looking dogs though).
mavis mary1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Yes four times once a white german shepherd bit me on my bum when I was delivering papers I was 14 ,second time a border collie bit me when I stroked it when it was tied up outside a shop I was about 10 ,a staffy bit my leg when I walked past its garden I was 12 ,and the most frightening was a large black collie cross that was wondering loose it was normaly friendly but turned on me grabbed my arm I managed to get away but made the fatal mistake of running and of cause it chased me ,I fell and it bit my leg .
Non of these bites have put me off dogs and I own a german shepherd, love the breed I have also owned a collie cross x shepherd and have fostered staffies .
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 06:28 PM
I've been bitten by dogs, horses, cats and a hamster. The only one that has left me scared was the hamster and I won't touch them now.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Yea bitten twice, neither my fault.

Once as a school kid walking past a house, gate was open and a medium size black cross breed just ran out and bit my thigh, left a puncture wound.

Once only last year by a GSD "guard dog". It was my first day working at a wildlife rescue and I was being introduced to their guard dogs. Not trained guard dogs, just some digs they bought and stuck in a pen outside to bark at people during the day and run loose on the building at night. Both were on lead, I was told to put my hand out to the female and as I did, the male lunged and bit me in the chest. I was wearing a t shirt, jumper and fleece and he still managed to draw blood!!! I stil have a scar.

I was told "sorry they're rescue dogs from a puppy farm. Only to find out they "rescued" them by paying for them!!! Any excuse to buy a cheap pup and pretend you did something good then!

Awful place, treated all animals and staff like *insert swear word here* I'd have sued them over it except I didn't want to get Sam pts as I was about the 5th person he'd bitten
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2010, 07:39 PM
i was bitten by a staffie when trying to split up 2 dogs fighting through the kennel door, managed to split it up and get the dog out into the run, had to report it of course and was in shock when it happened but once i calmed down i had no problems handling the same dog again, unfortunaly as i wasnt the only member of staff this dog had bit, he had to be pts as he wasnt really a safe bet with the public
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >