View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Sasha attracts loads of attention , I would say 99 % of it is good from people who find her just gorgeous and adorable and the 1% which I don't like at all is from owners of other dogs (all breeds) who ask if I want to mate her with theirs . . !!!!

I must say that she really milks the attention from them all as she is a real tart and usually goes straight down on her back wanting belly rubs . . .
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Dougal gets a lot of attention when we are out, everyone remarks how cute he is (it's the spots and that patch over one eye). We do get the occasional wary look.

I do wonder about some people, so far I've been asked is he a Boxer? Is he a Dalmation? (you really don't know ANYTHING about dogs do you)?!

The other night when I was walking past a bunch of young lassies, I overheard one of them telling her friend 'he's really cute and scary'
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 07:39 AM
Some brill stories in here guys! Nice to see it's not just us that attract attention!

About 80% of what Monty attracts is positive but you do get the occasional numpty!

Reading Phils comment about his Lab reminded me of something else we heard someone say about Monty on hold. This woman walked past him and said to her friend "ooh look it's one of those skinny boxers". She might have been being sarcastic as Monty is going through another ribby stage but I think
she thought people breed a skinny version!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Reading Phils comment about his Lab reminded me of something else we heard someone say about Monty on hold. This woman walked past him and said to her friend "ooh look it's one of those skinny boxers". She might have been being sarcastic as Monty is going through another ribby stage but I think
she thought people breed a skinny version!
Awww, poor Monty!!

Max is very skinny compared to Murphy and the constant question we get asked is whether he is a greyhound cross!!
daneman
Dogsey Junior
Male 

02-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Hi we used to have 2 great danes SADIE who is now at the bridge aged 8.5 years and CHLOE who is still with us.
When we went camping with both of them we got loads of attention and a surprised look off the wardens when we
told them we have 2 dogs and the both stood up.
We often holiday in north devon and cornwall and go to
lynmouth and a guy stopped us on our 1st visit to see our
2 danes.
He is a local artist MAURICE ????.
Parking the car for an hour was no good we were stopped
by people asking us about the danes and even getting their photos taken.
mick.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:50 AM
We're extremely lucky as our three love kids, especially the two young ones, so kids of all ages want to throw the ball for them, or stroke them etc.,
Bruce gets alot of attention from boys as he's very much a ''real boy'' and if they are climbing tree's or playing footie, playing in the river etc he wants to be part of thier gang. Every boys ''dream dog''

Skye gets all the little girls and Mom's who want to show thier shy child a dog, asking if she can be stroked......but then Skye is a very gentle pinky girl and sits lovely by thier feet.

Reah all kids want to plant a kiss on her head.....she must look kissable, and the elderly all go for Reah too, but we do get alot of ''excuse me your dogs limping'' then we go through the story of Reah....which really just gets her more kisses
BigBearsRule
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Wow, we all must be really lucky to have such adorable dogs.
My two girls attract alot of attention, 2 Newf together is an awsome sight. The kids ask if they are twins, or what are they. Grown-ups say Newfs, right? Sometimes I want to say, No they're flying elephants
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2009, 11:25 AM
We get quite a lot of attention and lots of comments about what a motley crew we are! The Wolfhound obviously freaks a lot of people out because of his size - lots of comments about wolves and monster dogs but then most people are just bowled over by how sweet and gentle he is. The terriers get lots of cute comments and cuddles which they love and we do our best all over to be doggy ambassadors especialy to children and parents. It was quite terrifying when we had welshie though as people seemed to be obsessed with cuddling him and because of his awful treatment he was very dangerous and scared. You wouldn't believe the fights i nearly got into with people who i told not to touch him and why, but they then tried to hug him. ARGH!

Noone can ever work out what the giant poodle is (we keep him in a short coat with no pompoms).

It's even weirder when we go walking with my grandparents and their chi though Very odd combination!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
We get quite a lot of attention and lots of comments about what a motley crew we are! The Wolfhound obviously freaks a lot of people out because of his size - lots of comments about wolves and monster dogs but then most people are just bowled over by how sweet and gentle he is. The terriers get lots of cute comments and cuddles which they love and we do our best all over to be doggy ambassadors especialy to children and parents. It was quite terrifying when we had welshie though as people seemed to be obsessed with cuddling him and because of his awful treatment he was very dangerous and scared. You wouldn't believe the fights i nearly got into with people who i told not to touch him and why, but they then tried to hug him. ARGH!

Noone can ever work out what the giant poodle is (we keep him in a short coat with no pompoms).

It's even weirder when we go walking with my grandparents and their chi though Very odd combination!
Hi Woodstock, any pics of your Grandparents' Chi. There is such a lack of Chi pics on Dogsey If there's no pics, is the Chi long or smooth coat? Colour? I just love chatting Chi
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-06-2009, 02:55 PM
LOL Hi CC, I don't have any on this pc but will see if i can find some at home i can send you. She is a smooth coat golden beige chi (sorry - is therre a proper colour term for it?!). She is adorable - and this is from someone who had nto been particularly into chis before. Such a big personality and with beautiful big ears and eyes. She has truly converted me to tiny dogs as she is so enchanting. She and Patches the terrier in particular have formed a very close bond and love exploring together
Am happy to answer questions all day long.
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >