View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mattie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2013, 04:03 PM
Sometimes posts come over different to what is intended and as we can't see each other's body language it can make it worse.

It is obvious that you love your dogs and are trying to do the right thing, if you didn't you wouldn't be asking questions.

Thank you for taking her harness off, all my dogs wear harnesses similar to Jades and are taken off when their walk is finished.

You should be able to get 3 fingers in the strap that goes round her body, she will be comfortable in this and it will be difficult for her to get off. The strap round her neck was too loose, as I can't see the front of her it could be the strap between her legs is too long. The bottom of the strap round her neck should come down as far as the bottom of her neck, the strap between her legs should just be long enough to go from the one round her body to the one round her neck, there shouldn't be any slack. When buying harnesses there are never any instructions on how to fit them.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 05:52 PM
And always remove collars and harness if you crate your dog, they can get into bother really quickly if you don't.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Sometimes posts come over different to what is intended and as we can't see each other's body language it can make it worse.

It is obvious that you love your dogs and are trying to do the right thing, if you didn't you wouldn't be asking questions.

Thank you for taking her harness off, all my dogs wear harnesses similar to Jades and are taken off when their walk is finished.

You should be able to get 3 fingers in the strap that goes round her body, she will be comfortable in this and it will be difficult for her to get off. The strap round her neck was too loose, as I can't see the front of her it could be the strap between her legs is too long. The bottom of the strap round her neck should come down as far as the bottom of her neck, the strap between her legs should just be long enough to go from the one round her body to the one round her neck, there shouldn't be any slack. When buying harnesses there are never any instructions on how to fit them.
Thanks for that. The harness was for a Yellow Labrador mix, she is simply using it now that he's dead.

He was taller and much skinner than her, but his chest was wider. He was fitted at the local pet store for it. It fit him a bit better, honestly.

It doesn't fit super well, but it does it's job and it doesn't seem to bother her. It's now taken off and I won't leave it on her for a long time anymore
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5