View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-03-2007, 09:58 PM
I phoned up to enquire about my bill as I could not understand it as it was for the VIP package and they knocked £5.50 off my bills an ongoing discount as long as I keep the same package.

So basically I am getting a v+ box, standard box, all channels, unlimited phone calls and 10mb BB for £79.50 a month.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2007, 10:15 PM
What speed does your 10meg run at Carole?

I've actually downgraded my internet, as I was paying for 10meg, but not getting over 3-4 meg.
I'm now on 4 meg, and getting speeds of up to 6 meg. Figure that one out!

They are upgrading internet speeds later this year anyway.

I was on...
10meg BB
cheapest TV, and cheapest phone package, and paying between £60-75 a month (depending on phonecalls).

Now i've got...
XL TV
L Phone
4 meg broadband
V+

all for £45 a month.
I'm happy, cos I'm paying less, and getting more! lol
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2007, 10:19 PM
i cant figure out the stupid sky website.

im also on virgin tv, phone, broadband.

does anyone know how it would work out cost wise if i stick with their phone line and broadband and use sky as tv? is it cheaper to do a package deal with sky? i dont have a bt line so it would be difficult to switch from cable.

OH cant live without sky sports news! lol. so want to switch, but would rather only switch the tv if that works out ok?

also, does anyone know if virgin will make me pay the full years subscription if i stop now? i obv dont want to be paying twice if i go to sky!
Carole
Supervisor

06-03-2007, 10:21 PM
Sounds a good deal

Usually I get around 9mb. At this moment it is running at 9400 kb/s.

Carole
Supervisor

06-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
i cant figure out the stupid sky website.

im also on virgin tv, phone, broadband.

does anyone know how it would work out cost wise if i stick with their phone line and broadband and use sky as tv? is it cheaper to do a package deal with sky? i dont have a bt line so it would be difficult to switch from cable.

OH cant live without sky sports news! lol. so want to switch, but would rather only switch the tv if that works out ok?

also, does anyone know if virgin will make me pay the full years subscription if i stop now? i obv dont want to be paying twice if i go to sky!
Jenny phone them up they are making some good offers at the moment to try and get you to stay with them.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Apparently if you want to get out - this month they will let you out of your contracts.

But do phone up Jenny.
Be polite, and explain you want to know what they can do for you!
They are doing some great deals.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2007, 09:56 AM
my OH cant live without sky sports news! lol.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2007, 10:36 AM
well we got the sky booked for monday.

we got the sky + and they said there was a discount until today to get it for £49 rather than £149!!!!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2007, 10:43 AM
At the moment we are paying VM £98 a month, for the V+, unlimited phone, 10MB internet, plus we pay £4.00 for webspace, £1.75 for anon reject on our phone.....think I'll get on to them and see if they can make us any offers, if not then we're off to Sky. They are coming out on Monday anyway to see if we can get a signal here, when we first moved in Sky couldn't be picked up at our house, hopefully they've improved.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
well we got the sky booked for monday.

we got the sky + and they said there was a discount until today to get it for £49 rather than £149!!!!

The Sky bloke left me a little while ago after fitting mine Jenny and everything is working perfectly.The installer was very pleasant,showed me how to work the + part with pausing/rewinding live tv etc and even wired my surround sound system into the digi box like the NTL one was!

I've already set it to record Lost tonight cause i couldnt watch it on sunday!

Curiously though-i have two remote controls and havent a clue whether he accidently left behind his one he used to install it or im supposed to.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5