Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tass
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
This is very true, see if my dogs went for a meter man or a postman I would be in trouble, I thought the same Tass about the Police thats why I went out to the ones walking up and down to apologies and make it understood that I had no knowledge of what was going on....just incase the Officer hurt himself jumping back down off the shed roof as the garden behind us is lower than ours...I thought of twisted ankles or knees but apparently he was ok I think their annoyance was that the kid had got over the other way and was running down each garden crossing over the other fences....all having an escape on the railway line
Very sensible of you IMO. I can't see they could/would do much, given he wasn't hurt by the dogs, but it doesn't hurt to express concern foe them, even if it was not your fault.

I can't imagine the police are required to knock on each door to wait and request entry while chasing fleeing suspects or they would never catch anyone? Maybe it's just as well they didn't have a police dog with them too to add to the mayhem?!

I would agree his response was probably down to injured pride and shock.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 05:24 PM
I think a distinction is drawn Stevie between the BACK garden and the FRONT garden. I think you are not allowed to let your dog off leash and loose in the front garden because it is accessible to the public.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Steph you have nothign to worry about. The POlice's attitude is disgusting. Your dogs are entitled legally to defend themselves, you (their family/pack) and their proeprty/territory. They don't distinguish between muppets in uniform flying over garden sheds and criminal idiots jumping fences. And they don'ty have to.

The officer concerned, unless a pro-con, should have factored potential risks into teh dynamic risk assessmnt that he and other officers should have been carrying out as events unfolded to their conclusion.
GSDlover4ever
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 02:14 PM
OMG very scarey stuff, and I don't think you are to blame either.

Something similar happened to me and Zara. I was at my OH's house and it was late at night. I let My OH and I were about to take Zara out for her late night walk. We opened the door and Zara went out into the garden standing at the steps waiting for her lead to go on.... Then all of a sudden we noticed a policeman shouting for us to get back in the house.
We got a bit of a scare, but told Zara to "Come" and she ran back in the house.
Their was a few policemen and a police dog in the garden looking for somebody...

Zara is very territorial of the garden.. luckily enough she was too interested in us putting her lead on to notice them in the garden...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Steph you have nothign to worry about. The POlice's attitude is disgusting. Your dogs are entitled legally to defend themselves, you (their family/pack) and their proeprty/territory. They don't distinguish between muppets in uniform flying over garden sheds and criminal idiots jumping fences. And they don'ty have to.

The officer concerned, unless a pro-con, should have factored potential risks into teh dynamic risk assessmnt that he and other officers should have been carrying out as events unfolded to their conclusion.
thanks xxx
Originally Posted by GSDlover4ever View Post
OMG very scarey stuff, and I don't think you are to blame either.

Something similar happened to me and Zara. I was at my OH's house and it was late at night. I let My OH and I were about to take Zara out for her late night walk. We opened the door and Zara went out into the garden standing at the steps waiting for her lead to go on.... Then all of a sudden we noticed a policeman shouting for us to get back in the house.
We got a bit of a scare, but told Zara to "Come" and she ran back in the house.
Their was a few policemen and a police dog in the garden looking for somebody...

Zara is very territorial of the garden.. luckily enough she was too interested in us putting her lead on to notice them in the garden...
good job they shouted out to you
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5