Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Exactly. Most of the things that happen in Soapland do actually happen in real life, and much, much worse things happen also.
But do they happen in real life to such a concentrated level? What is really unrealistic is that so many disasters overtake such a small number of people! At the EastEnders rate, at least 30 Dogsey members must have buried a husband alive in the woods.............

Snorri
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
But do they happen in real life to such a concentrated level? What is really unrealistic is that so many disasters overtake such a small number of people! At the EastEnders rate, at least 30 Dogsey members must have buried a husband alive in the woods.............

Snorri
Again, it's a soap, a drama. To keep viewers interested they have to have drama in almost every episode or they wouldn't get the viewers they need to keep it going. There's nothing like cheat getting what's coming to them....

When you watch the news in the morning and at night, there is almost always bombings, murders, abductions, destruction etc, all over the world. When you compare the goings on in the real world to the escapades of the characters in Eastenders, it's definitely worse in the real world!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 07:43 PM
One night last week on Eastenders Ian Beale slapped his daughter across the face. Going by the way they were all behaving over this you'd think she had been tortured for a lengthy period of time!

I thought to myself that it was only a slap and to get over it, much less than what the wee b!tch really deserved!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
One night last week on Eastenders Ian Beale slapped his daughter across the face. Going by the way they were all behaving over this you'd think she had been tortured for a lengthy period of time!

I thought to myself that it was only a slap and to get over it, much less than what the wee b!tch really deserved!
Well said I agree

Snorri you are right in that everything happens in Albert Square, but they are just showing things that do happen Countrywide, but concentrated to one location. If they instead aired a real life soap, of 1 square somewhere, people would be complaining that it was so boring, because a) you wouldnt actually see or hear about the bad things that happend, and b) there wouldnt be the same amount as Eastenders, so it wouldnt last very long at all !!

Eastenders is a Drama that airs real life, devastating issues that affect many people, or would we rather not know about the bad things that happen to people and brush everything under the carpet and pretend they dont happen !
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2008, 11:19 PM
Personally, I'm for executing the scriptwriters.

Snorri
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Personally, I'm for executing the scriptwriters.

Snorri
Do you need an assistant.
Foo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2008, 12:01 AM
I think the bit that bothered me was hearing him shuffling about tapping in the coffin eeeew I wasnt offended in anyway just a tad bothered and I can see a child could be too.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5