Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-05-2009, 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
I think that the "real world" of "dog experts" is far more dangerous than most forums. I can't tell you how many truly heinous things I've heard pet store employees, breeders, shelter workers, even vets and vet staff and so called behaviorists and trainers .....
Good point. One of the advantages of an open forum like this is that bad advice can be challenged. Of course, on some forums, the moderator allows gangs of idiots to run of the informed and rational.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
In too many forums, if not part of the problem, the moderator allows a clique of idiots to drown out everybody else.
Hi Labman whether or not people are 'idiots' is a matter of personal opinion.

Of course we don't all share the same opinions, but I would never consider someone to be an 'idiot' just because they disagreed with someone else.

Originally Posted by Labman View Post
Good point. One of the advantages of an open forum like this is that bad advice can be challenged. Of course, on some forums, the moderator allows gangs of idiots to run of the informed and rational.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion , are you suggesting some people should be prevented from posting because they share the same opinion as each other which differs from yours?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Sadly recent joint psychosociological studies by Harvard and Oxford of over 16,800 people of varying age and geographical location have shown conclusively that the average individual quota of common sense is 26.3 grams.

Just under the ounce.
You always make me laugh John

For me, I know the person I trust on Dogsey to give me the best advice. Everyone else I tend to decide for myself if I think it's sound advice. We all need to take responsibility for either the advice we give or the advice we take.

Like I've said many times: you can give advice, you can't force someone to take it.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Labman whether or not people are 'idiots' is a matter of personal opinion.

Of course we don't all share the same opinions, but I would never consider someone to be an 'idiot' just because they disagreed with someone else.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion , are you suggesting some people should be prevented from posting because they share the same opinion as each other which differs from yours?
I think Labman may have come from another forum (the same one I came from) where there is a lot of this going on (the reason I left in fact).
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
You always make me laugh John

For me, I know the person I trust on Dogsey to give me the best advice. Everyone else I tend to decide for myself if I think it's sound advice. We all need to take responsibility for either the advice we give or the advice we take.

Like I've said many times: you can give advice, you can't force someone to take it.

just the one hun?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
just the one hun?
Yep, she knows who she is
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
Yep, she knows who she is
lol,

I have to say, I have been really lucky on here, there are many people who are very knowlageable{sp?}

so there is someone for every sinario for me more or less,

be it breeding/training/behavioural,/feeding there is always someone I can drop a pm to,
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5