Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2016, 06:57 PM
I will June.
He has just received an automated text message reminding them to start an hour earlier tomorrow an 11 hour shift instead of 10 hours.
He will be leaving here at 5.30 not 6.30. I will also be up early making sure he has a hot cuppa and a piece of toast or a crumpet before he leaves. i can always curl up on the sofa when he has gone an have a snooze.
He will be leaving work in the evening 6pm and drive over to Hoddesdon to see Lauren and Joel doesn't take him much longer than getting back here down the A1 and A1m. Fingers crossed for no jams.
Then of course he may get sent home but he has received no calls or messages telling him not to bother turning up.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2016, 07:02 PM
I bet you could just scream and smash things Lynn. Its not fair the way they get away with treating people. He'll be shattered by the time he's done all that tomorrow, even the thought of it makes me feel tired
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Life certainly isn't being fair to him at the moment that's for sure.
If he was a lazy slob and always had been well he would get what he deserved but he isn't and wasn't and his actions today helping that woman show that and I am proud and so is Gorden of what he did.
He has said it's so impersonal and if he was offered a full time permanent job in their Hemel warehouse he wouldn't take it.
He is a great believer of mucking in with your staff and not expecting them to do something you're not prepared to as a manager.
He got a ticking off years ago when he was deputy manager at the local garage and it snowed. he asked a young lad to put on his coat grab a shovel and keep the forecourt clear. He then got his coat and a shovel and did the same. It got back somehow to the area manager and he got a telling off.
Mark told him how he felt about that and that they better get use to him mucking in and that's the code he lives by.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2016, 11:03 PM
Sorry, not been about much!!
Not being rude to others but Lynn, I am sure your Mark will get a break soon....people like him deserve a lucky break and I have a lot of good thoughts sent his way!!!
Love to all of you, just not feeling very sociable at the moment...my life is a pathetic mess and a huge disappointment to me
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Thank you all for your kind messages of condolence. Y'now Poppy knows something is going on. She won't leave me alone. Yes, I've been out every day for a few hours sorting stuff out, making endless phone calls, checking Dad's house etc - she still gets her walk albeit a quick one, yet when I'm back home she's on the worry, almost to the point of annoyance. She definitely knows something's up. It's because I'm not sitting relaxing on the sofa as usual. Bless her. Thank you all again. Good night x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-11-2016, 12:10 AM
She'll be catching your worry, they are so sensitive to our moods. Just take every day as it comes and slow down, try and rest.
Griff, no one has a perfect life, those who's lives we envy can be living in an empty shell and its all a pretence. Grass always looks greener from the other side of the fence. Please stop torturing yourself like you are. Nothings forever
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

25-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
those who's lives we envy can be living in an empty shell and its all a pretence.
Absolutely right June, I began to understand this when my wife pointed out that 90% of all the flash cars you see on the streets are leased, the muppet behind the wheel doesn't own that vehicle, it's just show. Also once had a job where I went in some 'front of camera' workers homes and again the reality is far removed from the image that the TV and media project.

And I haven't even begun to talk about the 'clean' in front of the camera but embroiled in 'drugs and alcohol' behind it, makes me so mad, like you say it really is all a pretence, but why do so many believe it
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5