View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 09:41 PM
''My dogs will never get hurt again. I'm responsible for this as I failed in looking after Yiannis properly. I should have seen it coming.''

Whoever is responsible it certainly isn't you. No reasonable person could have expected this. It beggars belief that with your dogs in the house someone would come onto your property.
I hope you and Yiannis both have a good night's rest. A good sleep will do you both good.
Thinking of you both.xx
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Laura you did nothing wrong hun, Yiannis was doing his job and protecting you and Oscar. I know you have had trouble with your neighbours but I am more of the opinion that it could have been a burglar. Yiannis probably wasn't expecting to see anyone out the back and when he did went instantly to low growl and defend mode. It could have been that he had hold of someone who used whatever he was going to break into your house with to get him off (maybe a screwdriver?). Then possibly had to shut him in the gate to get away. Maybe the first the other dogs knew was when he was screaming in pain and they knew something was very wrong and didn't know what to do? This happened to us when Molly disturbed someone coming in our back door, we were in at the time and heard nothing. She obviously went straight into defend mode and the burglar had to lock her in the house eventually as she is able to open the door herself and kept following them out so they couldn't get away.

I hope he starts to improve now and is out of pain very soon. You have both been in my thoughts all day. How is Oscar coping with it all?

Love to all of you

Ali xx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

23-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Oh poor Yiannis - how cruel that someone could do that to him. It is not your fault at all. You weren't to know that some ugly so and so (saying stronger words than that to myself) would do that. Looks as though someone stabbed him with a knitting needle! Will keep Yiannis in my prayers, bless him. He will rally round though and with a bit of peace and quite will be back to his normal self again, bless him.

Hope the police will catch the culprit soon.

Big hugs to him and thinking about you.

Take care and look forward to hearing the progress.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2009, 11:56 PM
I only just caught this thread. So angered to hear this, Laura. It's absolutely disgusting, neighbour or not. Hope Yiannis is feeling more himself, poor boy. What a terrible ordeal. Hope you have some luck with the police - I'd also ask the CAB whether there's anything you can do about the persistent false allegations, especially if you think those idiots have anything to do with it. Good luck.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 12:00 AM
Hi,

Thank you all for your replies.

I know i didn't actually DO anything wrong but it's my job to protect the dogs just as it's my job to protect Oscar.
I let Yiannis (& the others down). I should've or could've got there quicker. Maybe I could've done something to put off whoever was outside with him and they'd leave him alone.

There are so many "what ifs" and each time my brain relaxes to rest and go to sleep, I think of something else I maybe could've done.

There has also even been the thought of it being my ex husband. He hates my dogs even though he only met Zane and Ellie when they were really small (Ellie peed on his shoes! ) but a fortnight ago he didn't get his own way in Court. He ended up almost shouting at the Judge that I take my dogs to formal training on a Tuesday. I know he's also told Oscar that I'll get into trouble if I go out to training again so I suppose it's possible he could have done it.

See - something that sounds completely ridiculous is buzzing round in my head and I end up almost justifying it. I must be going completely nutty.

Laura xx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 02:59 AM
Yes we are the protector's of our dogs but not everything is as clear as hindsight, I don't see how you could predict this coming. The "ifs", "buts", "why", "could have" "should haves" are too easy to come by, what matters is Yannis is got an owner who loves, cares, and who looks out for him, you can not always see what is coming, if by accident or malicious means, you would never have deliberately put him in harms way. Try to not beat yourself up that won't do you, Yannis or Oscar any good.You are not going nutty you are hurting as Yannis has be injured, you are doing the best thing for him and thats all you can do while his wounds heal. Am thinking of you and Yannis, sending healing vibes and calming vibes your way.
Emma
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 08:20 AM
How is Yiannis this morning? Poor angel
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 08:38 AM
Hi All,

My Mom called me to let me know how my gremlin was doing. He stayed asleep all night (unusual for him) btu I suppose because of the anaesthetic, painkillers and other drugs he had once he flopped down last night he was asleep within seconds so he must have needed the rest.

My Mom left for work just after 9am so I'll be going there to see him in about an hour or so. She said he was still asleep when she went out and didn't want to disturb him so that's OK. If he's resting then he's getting better, right?

I know when he sees me he'll try to jump up (cos for some reason he does that in my Mom's house) but I jut hope he doesn't put himself in too much pain to do it. it shoudln't take much to keep him quiet though but because of where his stitches and the drains are, he can't have a collar on so he can't go out for a walk. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't take him out for a day or two anyway but after that he'll be going stir crazy.

Can anyone recommend a decent harness that doesn't have any strapping at the back of the neck? The ones I have would all be too close to his wounds. Then I can at least take him out for a sniff around rather than him being confined to the house and garden. Although for now, I don't he'll be too bothered.

I'll post again when I'm with him (I can use my Mom's PC).

Laura xx
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi All,

My Mom called me to let me know how my gremlin was doing. He stayed asleep all night (unusual for him) btu I suppose because of the anaesthetic, painkillers and other drugs he had once he flopped down last night he was asleep within seconds so he must have needed the rest.

My Mom left for work just after 9am so I'll be going there to see him in about an hour or so. She said he was still asleep when she went out and didn't want to disturb him so that's OK. If he's resting then he's getting better, right?

I know when he sees me he'll try to jump up (cos for some reason he does that in my Mom's house) but I jut hope he doesn't put himself in too much pain to do it. it shoudln't take much to keep him quiet though but because of where his stitches and the drains are, he can't have a collar on so he can't go out for a walk. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't take him out for a day or two anyway but after that he'll be going stir crazy.

Can anyone recommend a decent harness that doesn't have any strapping at the back of the neck? The ones I have would all be too close to his wounds. Then I can at least take him out for a sniff around rather than him being confined to the house and garden. Although for now, I don't he'll be too bothered.

I'll post again when I'm with him (I can use my Mom's PC).

Laura xx
What about a halti?

I know he probably doesn't need one for walking and don't know how he would take to it but it fastens behind the ears and nowhere near the neck. They usually get used to them within a few minutes and will tolerate it. Might be better than having him go crazy in the house.

Hope he's feeling a little better today poor thing xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Hope Yiannis is improving those wounds do look nasty.
Try not too blame yourself easier said than done I know.

I am wondering like the others I wonder if he disturbed an intruder, or did he know the person ?

(((Hugs))) to all. X
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »