Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
so i can still clip asbo?
at the show.. no.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
not really sure, it all came out in the AGM - committee members have been meeting with the KC to talk about the next step, still un decided whats going on though, changing standard, or allowing clipping ect..

Clippings the hairless has never been allowed around the ring I believe?
ive seen loads of people clip around the ring with those little mini battery operated ones, to get off any stubble, although why its not gone before i dont know.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:01 PM
at the show.. no.
i dont clip at shows anyway. everything is done the night before.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
ive seen loads of people clip around the ring with those little mini battery operated ones, to get off any stubble, although why its not gone before i dont know.
Yes.. That point was raised in the last meeting. Dont forget we are a high profiled breed, on breed watched for clipping rash and the like - this is where things came from.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Question...why would you need to clip a Chinese Crested?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Kerriebaby View Post
Question...why would you need to clip a Chinese Crested?
Depending on the degree of hairless'ness alot get stuble, or tuffs of hair down the body thats clipped off. The faces are also shaved to on both the hairless and puffs..no matter how hairless the dog is it will still have face hair.
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:13 PM
I was always told by people I have seen using chalk at shows that you are allowed to use it as long as it is all brushed out before you go into the ring.

I was at a show once with a mostly white bitch one of my other dogs had been sick on her in the car and it had stained her coat. I bought some shampoo at the show fastened her up outside and washed her. Being short coated there was no problem about getting her dry. Someone asked why I didn't just chalk her I replied it is against the rules they told me not if it is all brushed out.

I do use a whitening shampoo as we are on clay soil here and it tends to stain white coats a yellowy colour. It is all washed out.

I don't think its right that people use hairspray to shape a dogs coat and I do agree with the coat testing. I wouldn't complain if I was told my dog had to be tested although I'm not sure if they would want to test a whippet as there is not really that much coat to need to use anything like hairspray
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Depending on the degree of hairless'ness alot get stuble, or tuffs of hair down the body thats clipped off. The faces are also shaved to on both the hairless and puffs..no matter how hairless the dog is it will still have face hair.
can you not just accept that the dog is, as the dog is? I know you are showing, and trying to be the "best in breed", but is altering how the dog looks to achieve that coveted prize not in a way cheating?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:24 PM
can you not just accept that the dog is, as the dog is? I know you are showing, and trying to be the "best in breed", but is altering how the dog looks to achieve that coveted prize not in a way cheating?
youre not really altering the look (unless you shave a puff to look like a hairless which has been done!) your just neatening the dog up a bit, like the majority of breeds do.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Yep you could class it as cheating..But you are presenting the dog in the desired way, the same as westie or what ever being trimmed to get the desired style/shape! Every single CC in the ring will be clipped.
Page 5 of 17 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »