Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
I'm just so pleased things are going well. Can I just ask when you say he is pooing and weeing outside do you mean he has control of his bladder and bowels?
Yes he seems to have complete control of both and is whining when he wants to go out (which he never did before - he used to justgetup and go and sit at the door, but guess thats tiring for him just now)
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Yes he seems to have complete control of both and is whining when he wants to go out (which he never did before - he used to justgetup and go and sit at the door, but guess thats tiring for him just now)
Now that is good news!! Wish I'd asked sooner
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Well, I never thought that I'd be so pleased to hear that a dog had had a s***! Well done, that dog!!!!!!!

Snorri
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 03:28 PM
omg how did i miss this so glad he's getting better, go ben!!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 05:50 PM
Awwww...this thread just gets better and better. I'm so very pleased all is going well. xxxxx
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2009, 05:56 PM
It just keeps getting better and better, (((hugs))) all round
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Thats Ben had his staples out and the vet seems pleased with him. He explained to us that the muscle function itself is fine and the concious muscle control is good, but his subconcious muscle control is "a bit ropey" so basically when Ben concentrates on whathe is doing the vet is incredibly impressed with his control and the range of movement. When Ben is thinking aboutsomething elesi thats when it all goes wrong!! He concentrates on people, ortoys or dogs or food and stops concentrating on movement! So his legsgoall over the place!

So have to work on Bens concentration levels now LOL
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
Thats Ben had his staples out and the vet seems pleased with him. He explained to us that the muscle function itself is fine and the concious muscle control is good, but his subconcious muscle control is "a bit ropey" so basically when Ben concentrates on whathe is doing the vet is incredibly impressed with his control and the range of movement. When Ben is thinking aboutsomething elesi thats when it all goes wrong!! He concentrates on people, ortoys or dogs or food and stops concentrating on movement! So his legsgoall over the place!

So have to work on Bens concentration levels now LOL
OH! HONEY........sooooooooo pleased for you.

has he said when to start Hydrotherapy.

I am really really over the moon that ben has come this far..............WAY TO GO BEN
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
OH! HONEY........sooooooooo pleased for you.

has he said when to start Hydrotherapy.

I am really really over the moon that ben has come this far..............WAY TO GO BEN
Thanks a lot I am so chuffed

We have him booked in for hydrotherapy 2 weeks today. We asked the vet to do the referral form today and he um'd and aa'd and said he would want to see him again before doing thatto check how the scar etc was.
He did say he thought Hydrotherapy was a good idea but suggested we go back in about 7 days justto check everything is still progressing and going in the right direction. (and as he didn't charge us for today I can only assume he is doing it to be 100% sure which is absolutely fantastic in my book )
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Awwww...bless him. Fab news Lynne!xxxxx
Page 47 of 50 « First < 37 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 >