Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
dont think if they do it themselves they will have a problem, as I said earlier I know some breeders who say they do it,and they only sell their pups to other gun dog owners. If that is true what going to change
Yes you could well be right,i know of a person who hubby knows,from his shooting working days,he breeds working springers who has always docked his pups himself,no questions have ever been asked.
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-12-2006, 12:21 AM
its going to be very hard to inforce
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 12:21 AM
If being sold as a working dog (has the appropriate cert) to someone who will be working the dog it's not illegal.
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-12-2006, 12:27 AM
the trouble is every type of certificate is available for any one to buy, etc driving license, birth and death the list keep growing. you just need to know who to ask.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by staffer View Post
its going to be very hard to inforce
tbh I don't think it will, the Act is very well thought out. If for instance I see a pup next year or even a youngster in a couple of years, if I report it, the owner, breeder and vet will all be held responsible unlike in the past.
This Act is LONG awaited; the RSPCA will be prosecuting as many as they possibly can next year (but to be fair will be giving plenty of warning)
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by gaz View Post
the trouble is every type of certificate is available for any one to buy, etc driving license, birth and death the list keep growing. you just need to know who to ask.
Your average good citizen (the sort you'd want to home your pups to) doesn't have fake driving license/passports etc. Your average family/person won't want to break the law when buying a puppy
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
tbh I don't think it will, the Act is very well thought out. If for instance I see a pup next year or even a youngster in a couple of years, if I report it, the owner, breeder and vet will all be held responsible unlike in the past.
This Act is LONG awaited; the RSPCA will be prosecuting as many as they possibly can next year (but to be fair will be giving plenty of warning)
And you may well want to report it,how exactly are you going to do that?
Are all owners of docked breeds going to be willing to give out personal information such as name address etc,i know i wouldn't give out any personal info.I personally think it is an ill thought out piece of legislation,that be will extremely hard to enforce.
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-12-2006, 12:36 AM
ok tell me is ear cropping against the law?
are pit bull tirreres banned
are tosa banned
are filia brasilo,s banned
are dogo,s banned

yes to all the above but ear cropping is still going on behind doors and ppl are still breeding pitts and importing banned breeds
i know dogo,s are here in the uk and fila,s and tosa,andthey are all being avertised openly inpapers web site
if they cant do anything about that what makes you think the docking bann is going to be any better ????
staffer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Your average good citizen (the sort you'd want to home your pups to) doesn't have fake driving license/passports etc. Your average family/person won't want to break the law when buying a puppy
just because they want a fake document dosnt make them a bad person when you fall in love with something you will try anything to keep it as i think you would as well
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
And you may well want to report it,how exactly are you going to do that?
Are all owners of docked breeds going to be willing to give out personal information such as name address etc,i know i wouldn't give out any personal info.I personally think it is an ill thought out piece of legislation,that be will extremely hard to enforce.
Neighbours, acquaintances, park regulars.

A lot of vets, nurses and trainers are anti docking so I doubt they'll keep quiet if a new pup comes in with a docked tail.

Council dog wardens will also be involved in the enforcement
Page 46 of 51 « First < 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 > Last »