Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
It matters because the fact that the dog's legs were apparently on top of the windscreen makes it a truly ridiculous and unbelievable story. And not unbelievable because it was dangerous, unbelievable because it appears to be an exaggeration of the truth.
Oh so you are saying I am lying???? Thanks for that - I am not and nor am I exaggerating. If anyone else had seen it they would have said the same as me. Now it is bad enough that my posts are often ignored but I am thickskinned so not bothered - however I will not allow anyone to accuse me of lying or exaggerating the truth so I suggest you retract that and keep your pathetic insinuations to yourself. Perhaps I should have taken a picture to prove what I am saying? You know, whilst I was driving...
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
So you are calling Alley a lair
Originally Posted by AllyLambell View Post
Oh so you are saying I am lying???? Thanks for that - I am not and nor am I exaggerating. If anyone else had seen it they would have said the same as me. Now it is bad enough that my posts are often ignored but I am thickskinned so not bothered - however I will not allow anyone to accuse me of lying or exaggerating the truth so I suggest you retract that and keep your pathetic insinuations to yourself. Perhaps I should have taken a picture to prove what I am saying? You know, whilst I was driving...
I wasn't calling you a liar. I directing my question at you and you answered it and i replied in an according manner. The fact that Jackbox decided to poke her nose in and answer for you made me point out to her that the situation seemed unlikely which you then said in your post.

I am not calling you a liar at all.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-07-2010, 07:53 PM
LOL

poor old jack alwasy gets called a girl
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-07-2010, 08:03 PM
I wasn't calling you a liar. I directing my question at you and you answered it and i replied in an according manner. The fact that Jackbox decided to poke her nose in and answer for you made me point out to her that the situation seemed unlikely which you then said in your post.

I am not calling you a liar at all.

Oops sorry , did not realise one could not make a comment on someone else's post.

I did not answer for her , I made a comment on my observation to your post,

Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
LOL

poor old jack alwasy gets called a girl
I am , although a bit long in the tooth to be called a girl
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
Chaz, however wonderful your scenerio is that can happen with so many aspects of life.

There have been adverts on tv about not leaving washing machines on when people are out incase of fire. So, those who do, are they selfish, uncaring people? Coz, if a fire starts it will cost money to put the fire out and risk the firefighters lives. What abt people who stay in joining houses (eg, block of flats, semis, 4 in a block)? Are they worse coz they are also risking the lives and belongings of people around them? First example I could think of, so hope it makes sense.

Life is full of risks, some more likely than others, and some people judge them different to others. We live in a society that seems so wrapped up in safety, I dont know how some people enjoy life.
I don't think its wonderful, but I do think retraining dogs in cars is common sense or at least it should be. Have you ever seen a dog invlved in a RTA? I saw one the other day, blood everywhere, dog screaming, and I mean really screaming, and somehow a man was able to hold it steady, I was trained at college in animal first aid, one of the things I was taught, as importance was how to deal with a RTA, how to safely move the dog, or wait till a vet gets there, but seeing this scene made me go cold, how the man held the dog I will never know, as the dog was cleary stressed, going from panting fanactically with its eyes going in every direction to trying to bite the man holding it, you've been bitten by your own dog before when he was in pain, imagine if Jake was hurt and someone tried t help him, unless there is a real dog lover there, if you are injured how many people do you think would put up with him trying to bite them when they were trying to help him? I don't know how this dog got to where he was, but there was two cars and one appeared to be the owner, and she didn't have the strength to hold the BC, so she was lucky that the man was there, as otherwise the dog could of caused accidents, and my brothers were in the car, if they were hurt because of this dog I wouldn't be happy, how would you feel if your nephew was hurt because someone else hadn't restrained their dog/s in their car, how would you feel if Jake was hurt because you didn't restrain him?

Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
If you had read my previous posts on this thread then yes you would have seen you are agreeing with me!

My post was pretty much saying that - I thought everyone would think of their pets safety. and if they dont then its on their heads, we as a forum (cleary) cant change others opinions or tell them what is right or wrong, we can only state our opinions. Until laws come out about restraining pets in cars, people will continue to do as they please with little thought for their own, pets and other road users safety.
Hopefully one day they will, I doubt it though

Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Just like it's BYBs' choice to pump out puppies like a toy factory, an owner's choice to feed their dog rubbish/not walk them, a vet's choice to charge a fortune for bad advice, etc. - everything in life is someone's choice but if we all rolled over and never questioned anything, the animal welfare act certainly wouldn't be what it is now, there wouldn't be such a range of good quality pet food, vet prices would be extortionate and pets going without treatment because no one spoke out. The whole point of a debate is to present an argument for the opposite view in the hope people will read the facts and perhaps accept a different opinion to their original one - otherwise why bother posting your view in the first place? I like to question things, challenge people's views, etc in the hope that someone's opinion will change for the better - even if it's my own. I haven't said to anyone "Omg, ur the worlds worst owner!111" because of their opinion but I do firmly believe that dogs should be restrained and I've tried to explain why so others on the fence can make up their mind too.
Good post.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2010, 09:16 AM
It matters because the fact that the dog's legs were apparently on top of the windscreen makes it a truly ridiculous and unbelievable story. And not unbelievable because it was dangerous, unbelievable because it appears to be an exaggeration of the truth.Ally has cleared it up now anyway so it doesn't matter.
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
So you are calling Alley a lair
[QUOTE=esmed;2005654]I wasn't calling you a liar. I directing my question at you and you answered it and i replied in an according manner. The fact that Jackbox decided to poke her nose in and answer for you made me point out to her that the situation seemed unlikely which you then said in your post.

I am not calling you a liar at all.[/QUOTE]

The first statement you made highlighted in red admittedly doesn't have the word liar in it, but the implication is there so now you are denying it? Make your mind up!

Poor Jackbox; you will start getting a complex soon eh? LOL Most of us know you are all man!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 09:25 AM
I think it would be wise to get back on track as what the thread asked.
Seems otherwise this thread will start to get nasty IMO and before we know it people will have feelings hurt
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
No, never never never. It is far too dangerous! She sits seatbelted in with the air conditioning on. She can still see out the window and is quite content to watch the world go by or take a snooze. I hate seeing dogs hanging out of car windows almost as much as I hate seeing them in the back of pick up trucks, restrained or not. Do you guys have pick up trucks in the UK?
Just have to reply to this as it reminded me of something I saw last spring.

We were leaving a game fair and were behind an American pick up truck. The guy had a Boerboel in the rear, totally unrestrained going down winding country lanes. Each time he went round a bend, my heart was in my mouth as I thought the poor dog was going to come tumbling out.

I've seen that on US TV shows or films but never seen it here in the UK and it smacked of total irresponsibility and a "look at me, arent I cool" type of attitude.
I HATE that attitude. I live in Texas, in the heart of redneck idiot territory, and it seems like all men have this attitude about dogs. They won't neuter them, and they let them ride in the back of the pickup truck. I work in an emergency vet practice and we see so many dogs brought in after falling out of the truck bed, or if they are tethered at the time, being strung up and drug behind or beside the truck. Several of my local cities have outlawed allowing a dog to ride in the back of pick up trucks unless in a crate securely tied down. That said, they've also outlawed allowing children to ride in the back of pick up trucks but I still see that all the time too.

Ignorant people! make me so mad!!!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2010, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=AllyLambell;2006000]

I am not calling you a liar at all.[/QUOTE]

The first statement you made highlighted in red admittedly doesn't have the word liar in it, but the implication is there so now you are denying it? Make your mind up!

Poor Jackbox; you will start getting a complex soon eh? LOL Most of us
know you are all man!
At no point did I call you liar all I said was that the way in which you described the instance with the Westie seemed unlikely or possibly exaggerated.

If jackbox is a man then why does her/his profile say he/she is a woman?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-07-2010, 10:36 AM
[QUOTE=esmed;2006039]

At no point did I call you liar all I said was that the way in which you described the instance with the Westie seemed unlikely or possibly exaggerated.

If jackbox is a man then why does her/his profile say he/she is a woman?
My profile is correct

I think some were makign a joke, (I think )
Page 43 of 49 « First < 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 > Last »